Physical Health Concerns -  How to Stop Emotional Eating, Changing (49 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 

On any given day at least a dozen people ask me how to stop emotional overeating. I've previously shared several practical tips here, so today I'm going to present something completely different: How to stop emotional eating by changing the world.

See, although the practical techniques I teach are very powerful, there's a limit to how much you can change your behavior unless and until you've got a strong enough reason to do so. For some clients, it's the threat of serious health consequences. For others it's the desired weight loss, confidence to wear favored clothing, energy to play with kids and grandchildren, better digestion, freedom from mental obsession, etc.

But the most powerful motivation by far is something which may surprise you. It's difficult to tap into, but when you do, breaking your diet for a little "emotional comfort" becomes infinitely less appealing. The most effective motivation I've ever found is a sense of purpose coupled with the belief one can actually have an impact. In short, it's the knowledge one can and will change the world in at least some small but important way. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/never-binge-again/201907/how-stop-emotional-eating-changing-the-world

To: dstone311 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 97539.2 in reply to 97539.1 

Thanks for the information. Glad that you shared it with us. I just want to make sure that you are aware of best SEO Company in Bhopal

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.