Being Beautifully Bipolar -  How Food Prep Has Helped Me Fight My . . (39 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 

For almost a year now my husband and I have been doing food prep, which means that we prepare our meals in advance for the week. We’ve found it extremely helpful in helping us to eat in a more healthy way, working around our busy schedules and around my mental and physical illnesses.

Feeling proactive

Being prepared for the days ahead and knowing that I have planned healthy meals and prepared food for our little family with help from my wonderful husband, allows me to feel proactive and empowered. I am using everything at my disposal to beat my mental illness, not to allow it to dictate my life. Often during the week I am too tired or my mood is too low to make a healthy meal, so it’s tempting to eat something unhealthy or get a takeaway: food prep means that we have healthy, tasty meals there that we can just heat up to curb this need.  I have that satisfaction of knowing that I am taking action, taking control of my own life rather than allowing bipolar disorder to take that control away. Read more here:

Read more here:  https://blogs.psychcentral.com/bipolar-journey/2019/11/how-food-prep-has-helped-me-fight-my-bipolar-disorder/

• Edited November 5, 2019 6:36 pm  by  Sassy (MrsSassy)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.