*Depression,, PTSD, Trauma* -  Know YOUR Worth! (83 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Sassy (MrsSassy) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-5 10:38 PM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

I have noticed that there is a great deal of confusion between the four common struggles listed in the title. Sometimes folks ask me if they are all the same.

The differences can be subtle and there can be overlap, yes. But they are all indeed different in some very specific ways. Ways that are important to understand as you think about your own view of, and feelings about, yourself.

So let’s start with a little “quiz.” As you read the descriptions below, see if you can identify which person has low self-esteem, which has low self-worth, who has low self-confidence, and who has low self-awareness.

Then read on to see if you identified them correctly, and also to learn much more about each of these common struggles.

Jenny

Jenny sits on the couch in the lobby waiting to be called for her job interview to begin. On the outside, she appears calm and composed. On the inside, she is desperately trying to manage her anxiety and stop the thoughts that are racing through her head.

What if I say the wrong thing? What if they see right through me? I might blow this. I don’t belong here. Around and around those thoughts go, feeding her anxiety.

Dwight

Dwight wakes up at 11:00 this Saturday morning. Lying in bed, he thinks about going straight to the gym to make sure he gets in a workout today. But a dark feeling creeps over him, and he realizes he has already lost this battle. He rolls over and goes back to sleep, wanting to escape this crappy feeling.

Molly~

Continue reading here:  https://blogs.psychcentral.com/childhood-neglect/2019/05/the-difference-between-self-esteem-self-worth-self-confidence-and-self-knowledge/

Sassy

Forums Owner 18 years on Delphi

*Hearts That Hear*Mental Health Support

Forums.delphiforums.com/comfortplace/messages

To: Sassy (MrsSassy) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 98759.2 in reply to 98759.1 

Hi (((((((BABE)))))))

I am very glad I have friends who help me keep my self worth charged up. Low self esteem plagued me from age 8 onwards, for Decades. I am glad I am in a much better place now, and think I am pretty COOL! :)

Love

David

From: Sassy (MrsSassy) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-11 9:47 PM 
To: LifeMasque unread  (3 of 3) 
 98759.3 in reply to 98759.2 

Well Babe~ I think your much MORE than just "pretty cool" Men like YOU are "very rare" indeed and I say that in the BEST of ALL ways!

Love ya ALWAYS,

YOUR Sassy

Sassy

Forums Owner 20 years on Delphi

*Hearts That Hear*Mental Health Support

Forums.delphiforums.com/comfortplace/messages

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.