Anxiety / Panic / Stress -  Obsessions And Compulsions (29 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 

Obsessive compulsive disorder co-occurs with bipolar disorder in ten percent of the cases. Having obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is exhausting. Obsessions and their resulting compulsions don’t always make sense. For example, I believe that if I put my earrings on in the wrong order – right before left – I will be in a car accident. Many of my compulsions revolve around this idea  – that if I do not do them exactly so I will be in a car accident.

I have never been in a car accident.

I have no idea where this fear and obsession came from, but it rules my life. I cannot get out of bed unless the minutes of the hour are a multiple of five – like 8:15 or 8:20. If I get out of bed at 8:32 I will be in a car accident. I have to put my socks on right then left, then shoes on left then right. If my mind is elsewhere and I do it in the wrong order, even if I redo it, I believe I will be in a car accident. As you can imagine, all this causes me great anxiety and often stops me from driving.

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/being-bipolar/2020/02/01/obsessions-and-compulsions/

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.