*Depression, PTSD, Trauma* -  Worsening Insomnia May Predic Depression (238 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 

Older adults who struggle with depression may be at much greater risk of remaining depressed if they experience persistent or worsening sleep problems, according to a new study published in the journal Sleep.

“We can’t say that the sleep disturbances we’re seeing are necessarily causing the poor depression outcomes,” said senior author Adam Spira, Ph.D., professor in the department of mental health at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Read more here:

https://psychcentral.com/news/2020/05/04/worsening-insomnia-may-predict-persistent-depression-in-older-adults/156166.html

• Edited May 9, 2020 5:31 pm  by  Sassy (MrsSassy)

From: Sassy (MrsSassy) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-9 5:53 PM 
To: dstone311 DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (2 of 2) 
 99512.2 in reply to 99512.1 

WOW this sure applies to me! I rarely sleep for more than 2 hours any night! and rarely do I take a nap during the day, I wish I could I'm sure it would help me a lot but when the sun is up so am I... sigh

Thanks so much for sharing this Dave! I had no clue that my depression would be worse if I'm not sleeping well every night. I can't even blame this pandemic for my lack of sleep I have always blamed it on my night time working history as most of my jobs never started until the evenings! I loved it as I have never been one to sleep a deep restful sleep not even as a child/baby. Just sharing  if you don't believe me just ask Boomer he has known me longer than anyone here I think, lol and he use to keep me company until 3 or 4 am almost every day, then we would be right back online very early as my hubby was working days and got up at 6:00 am. LOL Matter of fact I use to hop in the bed right before his alarm went off to have him think I had been in bed all night long LOL I was naughty back then but not really naughty just a little bit! LOL

Love ya much!
Sassy

Sassy

Forums Owner 20 years on Delphi

*Hearts That Hear*Mental Health Support

Forums.delphiforums.com/comfortplace/messages

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.