Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Teaching moment #2   Discussions

Started Nov-11 by dadoffive01; 219 views.
dadoffive01

Nov-11

So after edging my friend Anthony in 10 by a 7-6 score, it was now time to introduce Al to Fall Classic. Al chose his Yankees (16') and I went with my favorite team, my beloved O's)

We were in Yankee Stadium and he sent Tanaka to the hill and I went (nervously) with Chris Tillman. Well this one was a wonderful pitcher's duel with Tillman being on his A grade and despite Tanaka not feeling so great out of his bullpen session and pitching on his C grade,

Both were brilliant trading zeros through 3 and 1/2 until Gary Sanchez got a hold of a Tillman curve that just caught too much of the plate and put it deep into the LF seats for a 1-0 Yankee lead. Meanwhile The birds didn't even get their 1st hit until with 2 out in the 4th Chris Davis laced a single into RF despite the Yankee shift (I'm sure).The two managed to mow hitters down inning after inning and the score stood at 1-0 through 7 complete.

The O's finally broke through in the 8th against the crafty Yankee righty and despite him striking out the side they used 3 singles, the 3rd by Davis and plating Adam Jones to tie it. The Yanks went 1-2-3 in the bottom of the 8th and Tillman's day was through, going 8, allowing only 5 hits, 3 walks and striking out 6 in a 1-1 tie.

Tanaka was pulled as well and went 8 allowing only 4 hits, but he did walk 5 and got 7 K's in a great outing. Al called for Betances out of the pen to pitch the 9th and after getting Wieters and Rickard out Hardy poked a seemingly harmless single up the middle. Then Jones drew a 9 pitch walk and up came Manny Machado with 2 on and 2-out. Betances rocked back and uncorked a blazing 98 MPH fastball that Machado timed perfectly and hit it about 460 feet into the CF seats for a game-winning 3-run homer!

I summoned Zack Britton out of the Baltimore pen to try and nail down the save. which he did. however it was anything but easy, The Yankees used 2 base hits and a walk to load the bases with 2 out but Billy Butler batting for McCann lined out to Hardy to end it!   WHEW!

Anyway, despite the loss Al too was hooked on the game and we will be forming a F-T-F league soon, hopefully!

Chris

timpat3

Nov-12

great stuff Chris..add me to the list of those you are tutoring...you have peaked my interrest