Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Sets Fall Classic Apart?   Discussions

Started Nov-13 by bogert53; 877 views.

Usually flipping one FAC will give you a very random number, 11 #'s x 180 cards = 1980 numbers in a deck, and each deck has a different set of random numbers.  Also the type of out or hit placement with all base situations for that out or hit are there.  and the defense charts are there too.  So usually you flip one card per batter and that's it.  You need to look up the 54 Chart on average once a game.  If you H&R or SAC you may have to look those up, but they're easy to memorize if you do them a lot.  All in all, the chart lookups are very very very limited.

In reply toRe: msg 11
Brett (kingnthg)

Nov-14

I have played about 20 games into my 1986 replay, and this is what I have observed so far.

There are 4 chart pages that I use most often:

1.  The "Quick Out Chart" and the Quick Hits Chart" which I printed double sided (I also have the IN-S/H/F wrote in at the bottom of the OUTS chart)

2.  Defense Chart/Exotic Error chart, printed double sided

3.  54 Wild plays charts, again printed double sided

4.  The Sac-bunt/H&R charts, which I have printed double sided with the Bases Empty OUT Chart, which I never use.

Occaisionally I have to reference one of the other OUT charts - either for translation of the play on the Quick Out Chart, or play numbers 11 or 20 with runners on other than just 1st.

Most of the time the game moves right along - especially when you get the outs pattern memorized - like any other game, really.  E.g., if the play is an OUT, and the D20 reads 4 or 14 - grounder to second. Next batter please.  If there are runners on, quickly consult the Quick OUT chart and see what happens, record and move on.

Canamcougars

Nov-14

That is a great summary Brett.  I too find you quickly get a feel for remembering results and don't find chart look ups onerous in this game.

I have not used the FAC's so can't comment on those.

Randy

Brett (kingnthg)

Nov-14

Yeah, neither have I.  I do not see myself using them, I like the dice and the feel of the dice, etc.  "Old school", LOL.

In reply toRe: msg 14
phillyphils

Nov-14

Are the FACs for sale?  I can't seem to locate them anywhere on the ASG site...

Ganguy

Nov-14

Read this message: 218.1

In reply toRe: msg 16
curtalva

Nov-15

Using the FAC deck you provides you the roll number (I still use dice however), base-running advancement (no need for base-runner advancement charts), Fielding calls (eliminates need for 51,52,53 chart). So you can basically have the FAC deck and the player cards on your tabletop and you should only need to reference the 54 chart once or twice a game and bunting, hit & run as needed.

bogert53

Nov-15

Looking forward to getting the FAC cards and giving the game a spin.  Thanks!

phillyphils

Nov-15

That's exactly what I'm planning to use the FACs for, the base-running and fielding.  I like to roll, too.  I went ahead and took the plunge on the FACs and the World Series set today.  Looking forward to playing!  Thanks for the help, everyone!