Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

1986 Pitcher 65 HR Ratings   Discussions

Started Oct-30 by Brett (kingnthg); 625 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
DMOSS3

Oct-31

If it's wrong hopefully Greg will clarify

In reply toRe: msg 6

A pitcher's negative HR can only affect the main card.  Thus it would affect dice roll 66 in the previous example.

If the HOMERUN split was on dice roll 55 then that's where it would be affected.

A minus 8 is rather large and if the player's card read:

66 HOMERUN

55 HOMERUN 1-3 / DOUBLE

... then technically it should take away the HOMERUN on 55 and on 66 if the D20 is 16-20.

These homeruns are now OUT, not doubles.

Ganguy

Nov-1

Wow... OK, I stand corrected. I have not been playing it this way.

Page 1 of instructions, explaining the batters card, 66 HOMERUN is a home run. No explanation or instruction to check for a Pitchers Negative HR rating. 

Page 2 of instructions next to the pitchers card are instructions for Dice roll 65, and further in the paragraph there are instructions for the HR split number on 55. I did not assume it would carry over to dice roll 66 which is a full home run in this example.

Page 5, New Rules, gives instruction for Negative HR Ratings on Dice roll 65.

I keep learning something new every day. LOL

Brett (kingnthg)

Nov-1

Thanks for the clarification, Greg.  It honestly never would have occured to me that it was a cumulative subtraction, if the batter has multiple HR lines.

As a side note, can you check out my question on the Ballpark cards that I posted yesterday?  I am sure I am wrong about how it works, and my message is rather rambling and confusing, I apologize for that!

mtdobrow

Nov-1

Thanks for clarifying, Greg. I had a feeling the "stopped" homers would become outs rather than defer to anything after the slash.

Mark

medicA8

Nov-17

Me too. I had only been doing reductions if applying to 65 -P. Played 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66 straight up. Hummm Marv