Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fall Classic League or never judge a nerd by his gaming   Discussions

Started Nov-9 by dadoffive01; 634 views.
Msg 216.1 deleted
DMOSS3

Nov-9

Sounds like fun. I'd like to "join" the Facebook page so I can keep up with you guys, so let me know when its up. So do all of you guys share the same card set or does each of you have your own set? I assume you share. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
dadoffive01

Nov-10

Thanks DMOSS! Yes we all chip in $ to purchase whatever season we will be playing. I'm hoping to snag 73' for Christmas and then go onto win our World Series so that I can choose 73' for the next season!

Chris

Chris,

I read your post with great interest, and I had four thoughts:

1) That sounds like great fun!

2) I am jealous, as I would love to find a few other gamers locally (Albany NY area) to do something similar on a weekly basis....a "poker night" with sports games

3) I, like you, am relatively new to Fall Classic ( I have played 7 games or so in the past 2 weeks), and, this game is alot of fun to play with a very nice game flow. A "hidden gem"

4) I sure hope that you are able to join us next year for the Cooperstown World Series Gala....it is alot of fun, and you would fit right in with us baseball / tabletop gamer enthusiasts.

Pete S.

heim618

Nov-10

+1 on everything Pete Stevens said.  Sounds like tremendous fun.

curtalva

Nov-11

Chris,

Sounds like you've found a niche for a solid face-to-face league. And with Fall Classic Baseball! That's awesome. Sounds like great fun. Look forward to following on Facebook. Please post a link to your Facebook Group when you get a chance.

Thanks for sharing,
Curt

dadoffive01

Nov-11

Hey my friend thanks for the message! It was very easy to "sell" the fellas on Fall Classic as the game is wonderful and speaks for itself. I am not, have never been nor have ever had any interest to join Facebook....until now! So I should have an account (?) or whatever entails joining by today and will surely let you know! 

Chris

dadoffive01

Nov-11

Hey Pete, thanks so much for that tremendous response! That was really nice to read. I am here in Rochester N.Y. so only about 3&1/2 hours away from you. Though that would be quite a hike to meet weekly to play (lol)! That's exactly how we in the league refer to league night, as our "Poker Night!" I'm actually having a couple of buddies over this am., to teach them the game as well and hopefully recruit a few more to form a Saturday morning Hot Stove league!

Thanks a ton for the invite to Cooperstown, I'm sure it's a blast and meeting/befriending you guys would be incredible! I really hope to be able to make it!

I should be up and running after I join the facebook page for our league today and will keep you posted!

Chris

dadoffive01

Nov-11

Thanks man I appreciate it! It is tremendous fun! Fall Classic is an awesome game!

Chris

Chris,

If you e-mail me at: psteven7@nycap.rr.com, I have created a "Fall Classic Quick Reference Guide" that your friends might find useful as they learn the game. It sure helped me. I would be happy to send it to you if you think it might be helpful to them. Enjoy your get-together!

Pete