Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fall Classic League or never judge a nerd by his gaming   Discussions

Started Nov-9 by dadoffive01; 662 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
dadoffive01

Nov-10

Thanks DMOSS! Yes we all chip in $ to purchase whatever season we will be playing. I'm hoping to snag 73' for Christmas and then go onto win our World Series so that I can choose 73' for the next season!

Chris

Chris,

I read your post with great interest, and I had four thoughts:

1) That sounds like great fun!

2) I am jealous, as I would love to find a few other gamers locally (Albany NY area) to do something similar on a weekly basis....a "poker night" with sports games

3) I, like you, am relatively new to Fall Classic ( I have played 7 games or so in the past 2 weeks), and, this game is alot of fun to play with a very nice game flow. A "hidden gem"

4) I sure hope that you are able to join us next year for the Cooperstown World Series Gala....it is alot of fun, and you would fit right in with us baseball / tabletop gamer enthusiasts.

Pete S.

heim618

Nov-10

+1 on everything Pete Stevens said.  Sounds like tremendous fun.

curtalva

Nov-11

Chris,

Sounds like you've found a niche for a solid face-to-face league. And with Fall Classic Baseball! That's awesome. Sounds like great fun. Look forward to following on Facebook. Please post a link to your Facebook Group when you get a chance.

Thanks for sharing,
Curt

dadoffive01

Nov-11

Hey my friend thanks for the message! It was very easy to "sell" the fellas on Fall Classic as the game is wonderful and speaks for itself. I am not, have never been nor have ever had any interest to join Facebook....until now! So I should have an account (?) or whatever entails joining by today and will surely let you know! 

Chris

dadoffive01

Nov-11

Hey Pete, thanks so much for that tremendous response! That was really nice to read. I am here in Rochester N.Y. so only about 3&1/2 hours away from you. Though that would be quite a hike to meet weekly to play (lol)! That's exactly how we in the league refer to league night, as our "Poker Night!" I'm actually having a couple of buddies over this am., to teach them the game as well and hopefully recruit a few more to form a Saturday morning Hot Stove league!

Thanks a ton for the invite to Cooperstown, I'm sure it's a blast and meeting/befriending you guys would be incredible! I really hope to be able to make it!

I should be up and running after I join the facebook page for our league today and will keep you posted!

Chris

dadoffive01

Nov-11

Thanks man I appreciate it! It is tremendous fun! Fall Classic is an awesome game!

Chris

Chris,

If you e-mail me at: psteven7@nycap.rr.com, I have created a "Fall Classic Quick Reference Guide" that your friends might find useful as they learn the game. It sure helped me. I would be happy to send it to you if you think it might be helpful to them. Enjoy your get-together!

Pete

dadoffive01

Nov-11

Wow, that's tremendous Pete! Thanks so much! E-Mail on it's way!

Chris