Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

F!   Discussions

Started 11/9/17 by dadoffive01; 817 views.
Brett (kingnthg)

11/9/17

I *think* the only place it is called out specifically is on a pickoff error - F! goes to third.

I assume the rest of the time it plays like a regular F, but you have played far more games of FCB than I have!  :-)

dadoffive01

11/10/17

Thanks for responding Brett! Yeah that's about the only benefit of being F! that I can see as well (for now).

Chris

Brett (kingnthg)

11/10/17

I believe Greg has said, someplace else, that he was thinking about adding it in other places.

Windsor Greg (thomvan)

11/10/17

The quickest way to add the F! would be as a house rule, which I use.  When using the Run with Risk Chart, give the F! a minus one influence.  So, if the S arm outfielder has a 1-5 chance, the F! drops it to 1-4.  A arms 1-3 drops to 1-2, and W arm 1 now has no chance to throw him out, no risk.

Brett (kingnthg)

11/10/17

Hey, I like that - it's a good one, thanks - I'll pencil that into my charts, LOL.

As a side note, I was looking at the pickoff chart in the stolen base section.  Do you think there would be a way to incorporate potential balks in there?  I suspect it would have to have a pitcher balk rating though.  Or are balks covered enough elsewhere in the system?

Windsor Greg (thomvan)

11/10/17

I've tried to sufficiently cover balks in the 54 Charts.  But, if you come up with something be sure to put it into the mods section.

JoeRunde

11/11/17

Great "house" rule. Since you're the designer, I think this ought to be a standard rule.

Windsor Greg (thomvan)

11/11/17

I might put it into the annual rule book update next October. 

Ganguy

11/12/17

I like giving F! runners the option of trying for an inside-the-park home run if they triple. 1-3 safe, 4-6 out. Borrowed this from Roster Card Baseball.