Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First Encounter of the FAC Kind   Announcements

Started Nov-16 by Windsor Greg (thomvan); 549 views.

It will be a bit of an undertaking.  I don't know if everyone would want this type of card, double sided like that.  I mean, you're referring to the 54 chart once a game for both teams, assuming one of the 2 times it comes up it's with men on base and you're checking for a Wild Pitch 90% of the time by just referring to the D20.  It's like, man on 1st, 54-7 ... your brain immediately says check pitcher WP rating.  No need to go to a FAC in that situation.

curtalva

Nov-16

I would have to agree with you on that so maybe just see where this goes. 

Well, I couldn't resist.  Here's the FACs for the 54 Chart ... but not men on base wildest.  You still have to go to the main charts for those.

There's only 20 of them, and they would be repeated 9 times if I put them on the back of the current FAC set of 180 cards.

Any thoughts.

Attachments

Greg,

I see how you get to the "Wildest Chart" with bases empty with these cards, but I do not see how you can get to the "Wildest Chart" with men on base with these cards...but I do like the idea of the 54 Chart FAC's....although for as infrequently as they occur, I also don't mind looking them up and rolling the dice on the actual chart.

I eagerly await the arrival, and then "test drive" of my recently ordered FAC's.

Pete S.

I am in the process of revamping the FACs slightly.  The engine needed more pickoffs, so they were introduced on 19 in the Wild, and 20 taking you to Wilder which then has Catcher pickoffs.  I don't think I will have Wilder take you to Wildest.

The only way to get to Wildest is with the 46-20 off the ball park chart, which will occur once every 700 pa's for a team, or about 8.5 teams a season.  Only about 4 of those times will there be men on base.  Thus, if you replay a team's schedule you will get it 8 times since there are 2 teams playing.

curtalva

Nov-17

This works for me. I'm assuming you would integrate these 54 chart results into the one FAC deck. Is that the thinking (if you move forward with this concept)?

Ganguy

Nov-17

So... some 54 chart results are on the back of the cards, but not all of them? The chart would still be needed for some results? Really?

If that’s the case, I’ll stay with what I have. I am adding new odd/rare events to the 54 charts as I play anyway. 

Carry on. 

Yes.  Really.  There is no room for the Men on Base Wildest Charts unless I make it like a 3 point font.  However, while a 54 Chart comes up about once a game, only 4 of those during a season go to the Men on Base Wildest Chart.  So you use the FAC deck about 154 times out of 162, and use the Charts the other 8.

Does this make sense?

Ganguy

Nov-17

I don't care for the idea of splitting up the 54 chart. But, that's me. Others will be fine with it. 

I am in the process of expanding the Bases Empty 54 chart, taking results from Roster Card, Playball, and other rare play charts I have. That's part of the fun for me.

Carry on!!