Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Boldo's Fall Classic Baseball League   Discussions

Started Nov-24 by dadoffive01; 608 views.
Fanofthegame

Dec-6

Sounds good. Best of luck to you. Keep posting updates, they are fun reads!

dadoffive01

Dec-7

Thanks Fan, I will! Happy Holidays to you and yours! 

Fanofthegame

Dec-7

Same to you and yours! Hopefully you can get revenge against that guy that lucked in to sweeping you with his sub-par team! Good luck.

In reply toRe: msg 12
Fanofthegame

Dec-12

Any updates? You play your next series? How s the league going?

dadoffive01

Dec-12

Hey Fan, thanks for the interest! We are done with week #4 now and with each team having a bye 2x during the season due to an odd #(7) of teams here's how the standings look.

Steve 6-3

Jordan 6-3

Alex 5-4

Chris (me) 6-6

Nick (my son) 6-6

Ben 4-5

Bob 2-7

Nick and Bob squared off last night and I sat in to keep score for them. It was a great and exciting series as Nick dropped the 1st game 8-7 as Jim Palmer couldn't make it into the 4th inning for Nick and neither could Jim Kaat for Bob as the score stood 6- after 3!   Bob put on up in the 7th and then Nick tied it in the bottom 1/2 on Roy White's 2nd homer of the game. Bob used a 2-out none on rally in the 9th to plate the game winner on a single by Yaz.

Game 2 Nick went with Mickey Lolich and boy did he respond, tossing a CG 4-hit shutout with 11 K's and only 2 walks!

Game 3 saw Nick take the series in a nail-biting 5-4 game as Nick coaxed 6+ out of Diego Segui and sweated out the final 3 innings as he has little faith in his bullpen. The teams swatted 9 homers in the series with Nick's team getting 8 of them!

So now we head to week 5 with this being my bye week I will sit back and watch the series' unfold and then we will all be at the 1/3 mark of the season! It's been a blast so far!

Chris

Fanofthegame

Dec-12

Sounds great! So at the quarter mark who is your choice to take the league?

dadoffive01

Dec-13

Well the real life A.L. MVP was Vida Blue and he is certainly in the conversation along with Leo Cardenas, both on Nick's team. I have Amos Otis who is on fire and leading the league in SB's & runs. Reggie Jackson is in the mix as well. As soon as our secretary post stats and league leaders I will have a better idea and send you an updated list!

Chris

Fanofthegame

Dec-13

Thanks for the updates! Sounds like you are having fun. Keep updating and best of luck going forward. I look forward to hearing more.

PMW (pawishman31)

7:37 AM

Hi all!

This league sounds like a lot of fun.

ill be following...

paul MW 

dadoffive01

7:58 AM

Thanks Paul, it's a blast! We have guys from 62 down to 25(my son) years old and all get along great! We had a local blogger do a piece on our league about a month ago and it was really well done, I think it's on our Face Book page. Looking to expand to at least 8 managers next season and have a few that are interested.

I'll try to post weekly recaps/results but it may be tough next week as I'm a FedEx courier and I'm sure there will be some long days!

Thanks again

Chris