Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Boldo's Fall Classic Baseball League   Discussions

Started Nov-24 by dadoffive01; 617 views.
Fanofthegame

Dec-6

Great synopsis! It has been a few weeks, did you play weeks three and four? What happened?

dadoffive01

Dec-6

Hey Fan thanks for showing interest in our League! In week 3, I got swept by Steve but starting off week 4 last nite O returned the favor to Alex ( our commissioner) by sweeping him to even my record at 6-6. Catfish pitched another CG game gem for me allowing 3 hits and 1 run and in game 2 Joe Coleman went the distance as well getting 11 K’s! Mike Hedlund won game 3, though not as Impressively and need help from Tom Hall and Vincente Romo. Amos Otis was a monster going 8-12 with 5 SB’s in the series! 

Fanofthegame

Dec-6

Sounds great. Nice bounce back! Your team sounds good, with Wilbur Wood, Amos Otis, Petricelli, and Olivia. How did you get swept?

dadoffive01

Dec-6

I know man, I just didn’t hit that series and Wood has been roughed in 2 of his 3 starts and has 2 losses and a no decision in a 12 inning loss to Vida Blue! So my usual batting order is Otis, Alomar, Oliva, Cash, Petrocelli, Fosse or Etchebarren, Rivers, Pena and the pitcher. I have a very strong bench with some good platooning options. I have a very solid defensive team especially when it comes to the error ratings. My rotation is 1-4 the best in the league IMO. Also love my bullpen. Thanks again for checking in! Are you able to get to our Facebook page?

Fanofthegame

Dec-6

I will check on the Facebook thing.

You think your starters are better than the guy with Vida Blue and Jim Palmer?

Who did the guy that swept you pitch? Seems like he must have decent pitchers if you did not hit well all series?

It seems like your team is all from the A.L., why no N.L. Players?

dadoffive01

Dec-6

Well the guy with Vida Blue, Jim Palmer and Mickey Lolich by the way, is my son Nick and your right, no I don't think my starting staff is better than his! In fact they were his 1st 3 picks in the draft! I went Wood, Otis, Cash. I guess I totally forgot about his team! However I do think my entire staff (pen included) is the best.

Steve (the fella that swept me) swears that his staff is the best in the league and I will have to go back and see who exactly he had and get back to you!

So we are a 7 man (team) league and expanding to 8 next season. We drafted from the 71' N.L. first and played a 48 game schedule with a top 2 team playoff and Steve won the N.L. pennant over Alex, 3-1. Now we do the 71' A.L. and then after the pennant winner is crowned, we have a 7 game World Series between the N.L. winner and The A.L. winner! The really cool thing is whoever wins the World Series, gets to pick the next season we play!

Fall Classic is a really great game and we are having a riot with this league! My son Nick is 25 and the baby of the bunch. I am 55, Alex (Boldo) 53, Steve 47 Ben is around 50, Bob is 63 and his son Jordan is 32.

Fanofthegame

Dec-6

Seems hard to have a staff better than Blue, Palmer, and Lolich.

Sounds like a fun league. What happens if the same guy wins both A.L. And N.L.? Do you think it I s possible? How good is his A.L. Team?

dadoffive01

Dec-6

Yes it's possible and we voted that in this case, the last place team would manage one of his teams in the W.S. However I don't believe his A.L. team compares to his N.L. Championship squad.  Obviously Nick's starting pitching is really tough, but his offense is a little "pop-gun" style and not really built to score a lot of runs. I really like Ben's team, (he chose Reg-gie 2nd over all) and has a really decent all around team and he's a great manager! But I just have a feeling about my team and really believe that may just win this thing!

Chris

Fanofthegame

Dec-6

Sounds good. Best of luck to you. Keep posting updates, they are fun reads!

dadoffive01

Dec-7

Thanks Fan, I will! Happy Holidays to you and yours!