Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Boldo's Fall Classic Baseball League   Discussions

Started Nov-24 by dadoffive01; 622 views.
dadoffive01

Dec-6

Well the guy with Vida Blue, Jim Palmer and Mickey Lolich by the way, is my son Nick and your right, no I don't think my starting staff is better than his! In fact they were his 1st 3 picks in the draft! I went Wood, Otis, Cash. I guess I totally forgot about his team! However I do think my entire staff (pen included) is the best.

Steve (the fella that swept me) swears that his staff is the best in the league and I will have to go back and see who exactly he had and get back to you!

So we are a 7 man (team) league and expanding to 8 next season. We drafted from the 71' N.L. first and played a 48 game schedule with a top 2 team playoff and Steve won the N.L. pennant over Alex, 3-1. Now we do the 71' A.L. and then after the pennant winner is crowned, we have a 7 game World Series between the N.L. winner and The A.L. winner! The really cool thing is whoever wins the World Series, gets to pick the next season we play!

Fall Classic is a really great game and we are having a riot with this league! My son Nick is 25 and the baby of the bunch. I am 55, Alex (Boldo) 53, Steve 47 Ben is around 50, Bob is 63 and his son Jordan is 32.

Fanofthegame

Dec-6

Seems hard to have a staff better than Blue, Palmer, and Lolich.

Sounds like a fun league. What happens if the same guy wins both A.L. And N.L.? Do you think it I s possible? How good is his A.L. Team?

dadoffive01

Dec-6

Yes it's possible and we voted that in this case, the last place team would manage one of his teams in the W.S. However I don't believe his A.L. team compares to his N.L. Championship squad.  Obviously Nick's starting pitching is really tough, but his offense is a little "pop-gun" style and not really built to score a lot of runs. I really like Ben's team, (he chose Reg-gie 2nd over all) and has a really decent all around team and he's a great manager! But I just have a feeling about my team and really believe that may just win this thing!

Chris

Fanofthegame

Dec-6

Sounds good. Best of luck to you. Keep posting updates, they are fun reads!

dadoffive01

Dec-7

Thanks Fan, I will! Happy Holidays to you and yours! 

Fanofthegame

Dec-7

Same to you and yours! Hopefully you can get revenge against that guy that lucked in to sweeping you with his sub-par team! Good luck.

In reply toRe: msg 12
Fanofthegame

Dec-12

Any updates? You play your next series? How s the league going?

dadoffive01

Dec-12

Hey Fan, thanks for the interest! We are done with week #4 now and with each team having a bye 2x during the season due to an odd #(7) of teams here's how the standings look.

Steve 6-3

Jordan 6-3

Alex 5-4

Chris (me) 6-6

Nick (my son) 6-6

Ben 4-5

Bob 2-7

Nick and Bob squared off last night and I sat in to keep score for them. It was a great and exciting series as Nick dropped the 1st game 8-7 as Jim Palmer couldn't make it into the 4th inning for Nick and neither could Jim Kaat for Bob as the score stood 6- after 3!   Bob put on up in the 7th and then Nick tied it in the bottom 1/2 on Roy White's 2nd homer of the game. Bob used a 2-out none on rally in the 9th to plate the game winner on a single by Yaz.

Game 2 Nick went with Mickey Lolich and boy did he respond, tossing a CG 4-hit shutout with 11 K's and only 2 walks!

Game 3 saw Nick take the series in a nail-biting 5-4 game as Nick coaxed 6+ out of Diego Segui and sweated out the final 3 innings as he has little faith in his bullpen. The teams swatted 9 homers in the series with Nick's team getting 8 of them!

So now we head to week 5 with this being my bye week I will sit back and watch the series' unfold and then we will all be at the 1/3 mark of the season! It's been a blast so far!

Chris

Fanofthegame

Dec-12

Sounds great! So at the quarter mark who is your choice to take the league?

dadoffive01

Dec-13

Well the real life A.L. MVP was Vida Blue and he is certainly in the conversation along with Leo Cardenas, both on Nick's team. I have Amos Otis who is on fire and leading the league in SB's & runs. Reggie Jackson is in the mix as well. As soon as our secretary post stats and league leaders I will have a better idea and send you an updated list!

Chris