Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FAC problem   Discussions

Started Nov-27 by IRA72; 763 views.
IRA72

Nov-29

I think you're on to the solution. I'm happy to make changes to my FACs. They are a work in progress--a good work. Ira 

In reply toRe: msg 10

So here's the latest iteration of the new FAC idea.  Let me know your suggestions and thoughts.  I'm not sure ground outs should be changed, but I like this for fly outs.

Attachments
dadoffive01

Dec-3

Greg, I think they look GREAT! Put me in for an order! Let me know when to send a payment

Chris

curtalva

Dec-3

Looking good. I'm a fan of these. Anything that can be added to the FAC deck from the charts is good with me.

IRA72

Dec-3

Greg-I think there should be some meaningful distinction drawn  between F and A runners. Ira

In reply toRe: msg 14

Those are only 8 of the 54 cards in the deck that cover OF putouts. 

IRA72

Dec-3

Greg- Got it. I'll take 2 sets. Thanks!  Ira

• Edited December 3, 2017 2:27 pm  by  IRA72
kseesar1

Dec-3

Can someone explain how the FAC's work? I look at the various numbers and am scratching my head trying to figure out how they work?  I'm probably missing something very obvious, but I just look at them and feel confused.  Can you someone give me an example or two of how they work or would be used?

Thanks,

Matt

curtalva

Dec-4

So the top part of the Fast Action Card provides the ability to play without the need for rolling dice. I don't use this portion but many others prefer not having to roll dice or maybe there are times when you just want to be a little more quiet. So you pick a number ahead of time between 1-11. Then you simply reference that column with each FAC you flip to get the dice roll ("D36" simulates the two 2d6 roll). Then you have a secondary column that you predetermine is the column that you'll pull the D20 roll from. Columns are color-coded even so that you can even just pick a color to use. When you get an "Out" result from a player card turn a new FAC to get the 'Out' result and base-runner advancement.

The larger middle section gives you the type of out. This alleviates the need to reference the base-runner advancement chart for 'Outs'. There is also base-runner advancement results for all base-running scenarios (i.e. "1" equals runner of first, "1+3" equals runners on 1st & 3rd.

The bottom-left section provides the position to check for the 51, 52 and 53 roll. This alleviates the need to reference the 51, 52, 53 Defense chart. When you roll a 51, 52 or 53 you turn a new FAC and see which position to check for the possible Error (51 & 52) or Range (53) check.

The bottom-right section is base-runner advancement for 'Hits' and alleviates the need to reference the base-runner advancement chart for 'Hits'. "1-3" tells you whether or not the runner on 1st base advances to 3rd base (or not). "2-H" tells you if the base runner makes it from 2nd base (if a runner is on 2nd base) to home (or not). The "1-H" tells you if a base-runner would score on a double (or not) if there is a runner on 1st base when a double is hit. 

Greg is working on finalizing the Fast Action Card deck to get the most of these little handy cards that you possibly can. I believe the 54 "Wild" chart results are going to be on the back of the Fast Action Card (with the exception of the most Exotic results).

I believe the FAC deck provides a nice option for keeping the foot print smaller on the tabletop and helps with game flow and ease of play.

Regards,
Curt

p.s. Just recently received my first printed set of Fall Classic Baseball printed from ASG games (the official site for ordering the printed season card sets) and these cards are top-notch! They are so easy to handle. They slide nicely against each other so no need to lick your fingers to attempt to get a grip on the cards. In addition to the cards sliding nicely they do NOT stick together at all. They seemed to be cut with laser precision edges and look great. Highly recommend the printed card sets available from the ASG games site.

kseesar1

Dec-4

Wow.  Nicely explained.  Now it makes sense.  Thanks, man.

Matt