Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FAC problem   Discussions

Started Nov-27 by IRA72; 733 views.

Reference the chart.  I think I might try to put a reference in to eliminate this chart reference.

IRA72

Nov-28

Whatever you decide to do will be fair. For now, your suggestion to disregard the bases loaded results on outfield fly outs and use the results for 2nd & 3rd makes good sense. Thanks. Ira

In reply toRe: msg 7

I have been thinking about the FAC card theory.  Right now they emulate the boards, but the number of FACs there are to work with means a lot more could be done.  While there is only one board result, there are 9 FACs for each board result.  D20-17 on the board has one result, a Fly out to LF, with the runners doing something specific to that board.  However, with 9 FACs handling the same D20, rather than all saying the same thing it could go something like this:

Flyout LF - Bases Loaded

FAC1 - runner on 3rd scores, others hold

FAC2 - runner on 3rd scores, F! runner on 2nd to 3rd

FAC3 - runner on 3rd scores, F runner on 2nd to 3rd

FAC4 - S runner holds

FAC5 - S arm holds

FAC6 - F runner scores, F runner on 2nd to 3rd

FAC7 - W arm allows runner on 2nd & 3rd to advance

FAC8 - all hold

FAC9 - all hold

bogert53

Nov-29

I think that’s the beauty of a FAC deck.   It gives opportunity for addd detail without having to wade through a chart book or find the appropriate base situation.  

IRA72

Nov-29

I think you're on to the solution. I'm happy to make changes to my FACs. They are a work in progress--a good work. Ira 

In reply toRe: msg 10

So here's the latest iteration of the new FAC idea.  Let me know your suggestions and thoughts.  I'm not sure ground outs should be changed, but I like this for fly outs.

Attachments
dadoffive01

Dec-3

Greg, I think they look GREAT! Put me in for an order! Let me know when to send a payment

Chris

curtalva

Dec-3

Looking good. I'm a fan of these. Anything that can be added to the FAC deck from the charts is good with me.

IRA72

Dec-3

Greg-I think there should be some meaningful distinction drawn  between F and A runners. Ira

In reply toRe: msg 14

Those are only 8 of the 54 cards in the deck that cover OF putouts.