Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Runner advance on fly outs   Mods by Gamers

Started Nov-29 by Windsor Greg (thomvan); 583 views.
IRA72

Nov-29

Greg- I think the idea is great in concept. The 2nd-3rd advancement should reflect a lesser chance on fly balls to Left and a greater chance on fly balls to Right, and the chance for advancement on fly balls to center should be greater than fly balls to right. Also, 3rd to home advancement should, in my view anyway, be more akin to: F! 1-18; F 1-16; A 1-14; S 1-10. The chart should allow for short fly outs were there is no advance. Perhaps together with the D20 roll there can be a D6 roll with 1-4 runners may advance and 5-6 all runners must hold. Ira

• Edited November 29, 2017 12:36 pm  by  IRA72
In reply toRe: msg 4
DMOSS3

Nov-29

I tend to agree. Advaincing to third on fly balls to left should be much much harder than on fly balls to center and right, and I agree in that the chances of advancement success should drop more incrementally as the runner speed decreases 

In reply toRe: msg 5

It's something I overlooked in my haste.  I agree.  I will try the "card" look for this chart, and fix the 2nd-3rd on flyout RF.

In reply toRe: msg 4

see attached card for fly outs ... the blank ones are so you can devise your own ratings if you wish.

Assist means assist chances using the OF assist rating.

In reply toRe: msg 7
curtalva

Nov-30

How do I use this Runner Advance on Fly Outs card? I like the 'card style' by the way! Nice. Not certain how to apply it.

Thanks,
Curt

• Edited November 30, 2017 1:52 pm  by  curtalva
IRA72

Nov-30

My take is that this card replaces the advancement results on any fly balls to the outfield FAC. It's a good idea but I don't like the fact that all fly balls are being treated the same; i.e, allowing for runners to advance. My underlying concern was that the FACs did not allow, except in a few instances, runners to score from 3rd on a bases loaded fly out. Greg's initial suggestion was to use the play results from the Runners on 2nd & 3rd. I think that may work better. In any event, credit to Greg for his pro-active efforts with this (and all aspects of his fine game). I'm sure the FACs will be re-issued down the road with refinements & enhancements. Ira

catchercam

Dec-1

This card is used to replace the runners advancement area in the FAC'S? But not to be used to replace the base situation sheets?

If they can be, how do we read the results? Runner advance 1 - 17, out 18 - 20? Or they stay put on 18 -20?

If you get a flyout, be it a FAC or D20, you can then roll a D20 again to see what happens to runners on flyouts.  I'm only throwing it out there as a suggestion.  Personally I hate re-rolls and wouldn't use this chart.

IRA72

Dec-1

Greg- I agree that "re-rolls" are annoying and detract from the flow of the game--but with FACs that's less of a concern. I'm hoping the next iteration of the FACs will include revisions to the outfield fly out results; until then, I'll use the Runners on 2nd & 3rd results for bases loaded outfield fly out results. FCB will only keep getting better! Ira

In reply toRe: msg 12

I am constructing the new FACs with the fly out chart in mind to reflect it.