Politics -  Trump promotes fake Ronald Reagan Quote (43 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

FACT CHECK: Trump promotes fake Ronald Reagan quote about him While the photo is real, the supposed quote is fake. Reagan never said of Trump, "...when I met that young man, I felt like I was the one shaking hands with the president."

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1148359873299668994

Reply   Options 

To: All  (2 of 4) 
 165.2 in reply to 165.1 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/08/politics/trump-fake-reagan-quote-fact-check/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2019-07-08T22%3A35%3A03

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump shared a fake quote from former Republican President Ronald Reagan on Twitter on Monday.

Trump passed along a tweet from an obscure account that called itself "The Reagan Battalion," which appeared to be impersonating a well-known conservative account of the same name. The copycat account had fewer than 300 followers at the time Trump promoted it.
Its tweet read: "Dear weak Conservatives, never forget that you are no match for 'we the people,' and our president." Attached to the tweet was a photo of Trump and Reagan shaking hands -- with a supposed Reagan quote superimposed on top.
"For the life of me, and I'll never know how to explain it, when I met that young man, I felt like I was the one shaking hands with the president," the supposed quote read.

"Cute!" Trump wrote in his own tweet above the photo.
Facts First: While the photo is real, the supposed quote is fake. Ronald Reagan never said of Trump, "For the life of me, and I'll never know how to explain it, when I met that young man, I felt like I was the one shaking hands with the president."

To: ShroomyJH unread  (3 of 4) 
 165.3 in reply to 165.1 

Why does he do that?

To: ShroomyJH unread  (4 of 4) 
 165.4 in reply to 165.1 

HA! HA! HA! Trump is so full of himself.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.