General -  63 Month Sentence for Jan. 6 Attack (100 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Ishmael112  (2 of 5) 
 14713.2 in reply to 14713.1 

They did the lesser cases first, but now it gets more interesting.  As of yesterday (?) one of the leaders of the Oath keepers is being charged with sedition. Other members may follow.   That could be a very long jail sentence, if found guilty.  As more info comes out, Republicans will grow more nervous about downplaying it all.  

I think that the leader is going to go down HARD.  The storming of the Capital building by them was well timed and thought out long before, and they had been stockpiling thousands of dollars worth of weapons.  It was they that literally lead the charge to actually break into the building and they were in military clothing.   I am wondering if the Proud Boys will be next?  The ones Trump publicly told to "stand by". 

• Edited January 15, 2022 2:34 am  by  TurkeyMaster

Reply   Options 

To: TurkeyMaster  (3 of 5) 
 14713.3 in reply to 14713.2 

Yes.  I have read that Stewart Rhodes, leader of the Proud Boys, has been charged with seditious conspiracy which means he led an organized effort to destroy the US Government.  The reports I read say it is a hard charge to prove.  They also say that the Attorney General has considerable evidence including testimony from some who have already pled guilty.  

And I agree with you.  Even if he can somehow get off he has a difficult fight that will consume his money and his energy.  And he is up against the full force of the US Government.  

And it suggests that the Proud Boys are not simply a radical fringe group of citizens but a group that really is an enemy of the US.  Donald Trump has already abandoned such people.  They are all on their own.  They occupy a difficult position.  

I was concerned that you were not posting to me because of my earlier outrageous post.  While you may well have some anger which I well deserve I see that your usual good natured self has prevailed.  

To: Ishmael112  (4 of 5) 
 14713.4 in reply to 14713.3 

Ishmael112 said...I was concerned that you were not posting to me because of my earlier outrageous post.  While you may well have some anger which I well deserve I see that your usual good natured self has prevailed.  

I've said this before:  You sometimes judge yourself too harshly.   What post?  There was one where your "rage" was obviously meant in fun.   However, I do wonder what a newbie passing by might think of your post.   :)   Life has ups and downs.  Now my lungs are clearer  than they have been in a long time and while my shoulder issue is frustrating, it does seem to be getting slowly better....it will be a while.  So yes, my mood is on the upswing.  I can type fine now by fully resting my forearms on the table in front of the keyboard.  That way my shoulder is barely involved. 

• Edited January 16, 2022 11:41 am  by  TurkeyMaster

To: TurkeyMaster  (5 of 5) 
 14713.5 in reply to 14713.4 

Your clearing lungs are very good news.  And that your shoulder is slowly on the mend is also a good thing.  So if you are not getting well quick you are getting well.  

Yes, my post was meant in fun.  And yes, I have found a number of people who do not understand that.  I need to watch myself when I say things I don't believe.  At the same time I can have difficulty recognizing satire in others.  Especially when I believe the satire is used to mask a hidden agenda.  

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-5
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.