General -  1 Year After the January 6 Riot (160 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 17) 

Today it is 1 year since the riots last January 6.  There will be events at the Capitol all day and ABC will cover them.  

So far over 725 people have been arrested and charged.  

71 have been sentenced as criminals.  

31 have been sentenced to incarceration in prison.  

18 have been sentenced to home detention.  

There are "a number of sentencing hearings" and many cases to be adjudicated in the coming months.  

What Happened to Jan. 6 Insurrectionists Arrested in the Year Since the Capitol Riot (yahoo.com)

ABC News Live - 24/7 live news stream - ABC News (go.com)

Reply   Options 

To: Ishmael112  (2 of 17) 
 14737.2 in reply to 14737.1 

So far also, no major Republican has been removed from office, tried, or sentenced. The traitor president is still going free, still being allowed to run for office again.

To: YoungGandalf DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 17) 
 14737.3 in reply to 14737.2 

To be very frank, I find your passion on this issue hard to understand.  You have, after all, chosen not to be able to vote on this issue when you might have chosen to do so.  Do you feel your position is contradictory?

To: Ishmael112  (4 of 17) 
 14737.4 in reply to 14737.3 

No, of course, my position is not contradictory. I was lured under the false pretenses that this was a stable democracy into the country and have tied my financial future to its well-being. Now hundreds of thousands of traitors feel emboldened to turn society upside down and society does practically nothing about it. Instead, the political system adapts to the terrorist extremism. Of course, I will make myself heard, reserve the right to sue, and see no basis on which I could sign up to be a citizen responsible for this horrible, indefensible mess.

How come you can sleep at night, given your personal guilt?

To: Ishmael112  (5 of 17) 
 14737.5 in reply to 14737.1 

Go ahead, cry your crocodile tears for the traitors.

I'll pretend not to notice.

JD

I would rather live a hard reality than a happy fantasy.

To: YoungGandalf DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 17) 
 14737.6 in reply to 14737.4 

YoungGandalf said...

How come you can sleep at night, given your personal guilt?

I have never before heard anyone charge that voting in American elections is a guilt driven act.  However, that does explain why you hold it in contempt.

To: All  (7 of 17) 
 14737.7 in reply to 14737.6 

The Atlantic argues that the next insurrection has already started and that the democratic defenses have been weakened enough that it will succeed:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/01/january-6-insurrection-trump-coup-2024-election/620843/

Thousands of votes will be thrown away, or millions, to produce the required effect. The winner will be declared the loser. The loser will be certified president-elect. …

The prospect of this democratic collapse is not remote. People with the motive to make it happen are manufacturing the means. Given the opportunity, they will act. They are acting already.“

Will the dumb sleepers please wake up?

• Edited January 6, 2022 4:25 pm  by  YoungGandalf

To: All 

To: YoungGandalf DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 17) 
 14737.8 in reply to 14737.2 

YoungGandalf said...

So far also, no major Republican has been removed from office, tried, or sentenced. The traitor president is still going free, still being allowed to run for office again.

Some time back, IIRC, it was stated (somewhere) that any individual, especially a president, who has been "impeached" TWICE, is prohibited from running for ANY office in the future.

Curious why nothing has ever come of that, or if it maybe has been rescinded since then, as I don't particularly keep up with politics.

To: ACEofALLaces  (9 of 17) 
 14737.9 in reply to 14737.8 

Maybe that wasn’t as official and binding a statement as you thought?

To: YoungGandalf DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 17) 
 14737.10 in reply to 14737.9 

YoungGandalf said...

Maybe that wasn’t as official and binding a statement as you thought?

Could be......that's why I brought it up.  Do YOU remember it?  Who declared it....who shot it down, etc etc.  I got literally nowhere with a search...then again, I ain't very good at that either :)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-17
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.