Science, Science and Religion -  Global Warming Since Your Birth (92 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

Reply   Options 

To: YoungGandalf DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 5) 
 14746.2 in reply to 14746.1 

The "Washington Post" has a pay wall so I cannot see how warm it has gotten since I was born in 1939.  

Back then my mom wanted to visit a neighbor who lived about 2 miles away.  She bundled me up and put me in the green box that was bolted to the top of my sled to pull me for the ride.  It had recently snowed.  At the Post Road, a 4 lane highway, there was a high snowbank on the far side but she pulled my sled up and over it.  Then she heard a man calling to her from across the road.  

"Hey lady, you lost your baby, he said."  My mom looked around to see me lying on the top of the snowbank.  No one in my family knows who this man who saved me from being lost was.  But he is the reason I post here today.  

To: Ishmael112  (3 of 5) 
 14746.3 in reply to 14746.2 

the kindness of a stranger

To: YoungGandalf DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 14746.4 in reply to 14746.3 

Absolutely right, Gandalf.  Blanche Dubois and I both have always depended on the kindness of strangers.  

To: Ishmael112  (5 of 5) 
 14746.5 in reply to 14746.4 

Not just you two, also Popeye and Voldemort.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.