Other News -  Meat Loaf, Master of Operatic Rock, Dead (25 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 

Meat Loaf, rock star, singer, stage, and actor has died at the age of 74.  Apparently due to covid complications.....but so far I have seen that from only one source.  Many probably did not know of him, but most everyone has heard some of his songs.   He was a main character in the stage production of the cult Rocky Horror Picture show.  He was a successful rock singer with a dramatic made for stage voice.  He did not always get good reviews from rock critics, but he was loved by his fans.  

Some might say that some of his critics were out of touch, for when album "Bat Out of Hell" came out, it got mixed reviews.  The album then went on to become one the biggest sellers in rock history.  It sold over 14 million albums in the US alone, and perhaps 30 million world wide, making him a very wealthy man almost overnight.  He later admitted that he had mental problems in trying to handle his sudden superstardom and wealth.  He could walk nowhere without people knowing him.   He was in therapy for some time, which he said was well worth it,  as it grounded him. 

There is no mystery in his name, and it was not created as a stage name, as many thought.  Rather, that is what some called him since grade school and the nick name stuck.  

Meat Loaf Songs.  If you do not remember the titles, you'd probably remember some of the tunes if played on the radio.   I enlarged some that were big hits.

...[Message truncated]

Reply   Options 

To: All  (2 of 2) 
 14752.2 in reply to 14752.1 

Louie Anderson, Emmy-winning comedian, also died yesterday.   He was known for his award-winning role in "Baskets", but also as a stand up comedian often hitting the late night talk shows.   He died from complication of cancer.  He was 68. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.