Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DW (GSDogwalker)

Nov-2

AislinnDeb

Nov-2

No, I couldn't do that. I just have to wonder about the whole story. She didn't have time to say no? Even when the other lady was walking away?

DW (GSDogwalker)

Nov-2

It was a strange story.

AislinnDeb

Nov-2

It was. I don't feel like we really heard the whole story.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Nov-2

It happened in the UK. Could be different laws?

LakotaGSD

Nov-3

No I couldn't sue a friend and I agree there seems to be more to the story.

Also unless the woman was very frail or elderly seems like a lot of injury.

selzer

Nov-3

She looks kind of like a cockapoodle and the story is a crockapoo. 

And we wonder why insurance companies don't want to insure large dogs.  Any large dog could have produced that injury. 

With friends like that, you don't need enemies.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-3

I haven’t posted here in ages, but wanted to give a heads up on this for US people.  My dd was riding her horse with a friend, horse spooked, she came off and injured her shoulder.  A day off work, some ice and Advil she was fine.  30 days later her employer provided health insirance contacted her as they wanted tp determine third party liability.  On other words...was it her horse, was she on someone elses land, was there any action taken by her friend that contributed to the accident.  The ins company wanted to sue anyone that might have been liable.  A few yrs later. Husband is repairing a barn door, rope breaks, door slams into ladder, down he goes, had to have his facial bones replaced by titantium plates.  Major injury.  Our supplemental medicare insurance contacted us and wanted to know whose ladder, whose barn, whose property so they could sue for third party liability.  In the US medical, property and life insurance policies have the legal right to sue “on the injureds behalf”to recover any payments they made for accidents.  It isnt a choice, they can and will do this if they can get their money back.  So, in the US in this scenario, the injured lady might not have had a choice.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Nov-3

She didn’t look frail or elderly in the picture.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Nov-3

I was injured once by a smaller dog. Things happen.