German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This is hilarious!    German Shepherd News, Videos and Miscellaneous

Started Dec-1 by Remi (DerWolfram); 175 views.
Remi (DerWolfram)

Dec-1

This is about the level of enthusiasm Mac showed when I got Wolf. <3

DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-1

LOL!  Mine followed him around sniffing his butt and acting quite offended.  She leaned away from him in pictures for months.

DukeWarwick

Dec-3

That is funny. Yeah been there done that.

They say they don't understand I think they do.

My first dog as an adult was all happy when we were going to get puppies, she was the only one ever to feel like that. She always welcomed new visitors and members to our family both human and four legged cats or dogs. But the none of the others have been so welcoming they eventually warmed to them sometimes.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-3

I don’t give mine a choice. I pick temperaments that I know should get along, then I let them take time to know each other.  I use crating a lot and gates with new dogs. They take toys outside with them so they don’t fight at the door,  if they ever have a squabble, one or both are crated.  Mine now get along pretty well most of the time, but I crate the older one when I leave.  She prefers crating and then I know they won’t fight,

BlueStarWolf

Dec-8

The funniest thing I think ever happened introducing a new dog, is that Katy who was 8 months old when I got Star who was 8 weeks old and her 3/4 sister from her mothers half sister and the same sire. When she saw Star she jumped up almost straight onto the couch and her eyes were huge, what the heck is that thing a cat?  She wouldn't go near Star for almost a week when Star entered the room Katy would get on the couch.

Finally she decided she liked Star they became best friends. When Katy had puppies Star would babysit them by getting in the box with the puppies. Varuka Katy's dam accepts any dogs into the house as long as they behave. She has no problem with strange dogs but she gently lets them know she is the boss. She has never bitten another dog or even snap at them not sure how she does it I have seen her raise her lip at a rude young dog that decided to jump on me or gnaw on furniture, or do something else forbotten.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-8

Females either love and tolerate other females or they hate them and fight.  I haven’t figured out quite why.