German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Probably good thing my first occupational choice never went anywhere...   Everything Else German Shepherd

Started Dec-1 by selzer; 193 views.
selzer

Dec-1

Could you picture me as a an author of children's books:

Jenna and the Perfect Ten Poopie

Peter and the Prong Collar

Babsy bites a bad man

Hepsi Hears a Prowler

Vic and the Very Nice Vet. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-2

Yes. A second career.  Or third.

In reply toRe: msg 1
DukeWarwick

Dec-3

LOL Actually I like those titles. Probably there would be a market for them. When I was a kid I read every dog story I could find.

selzer

Dec-3

LOL, yeah, I chuckle every time I think, "Babsy Bites a Bad Man."  Of course, I am thinking I Can Read Books.  

But, I could make each story have some theme that would help kids stay safe around dogs.  My hero, Sally, and her GSD pup Shatzi, can explain things like why they have to wait to bring the puppy home,  What to do when a small aggressive dog tries to attack your puppy, how not to approach strange/unaccompanied dogs, and what the right thing to do is when they see someone being mean to their dog.  

Yesterday I was at a parade with Quinnie, and a small boy told his little sister not to stare into her eyes, "they don't like that" he said.  I told him he was right, and why.  Short, I Can Read snippets, can actually be remembered by little kids, and they will tell other little kids.  

It's not a terrible idea really.  Maybe Jenna and the Perfect Ten Poopie wouldn't be appreciated by any but a GSD owner, but  

In reply toRe: msg 4
DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-3

That is a very good idea.  Do it.

AislinnDeb

Dec-5

I agree, do it! Love the titles, very catchy. I, too, would read every dog book I could find!

DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-5

There are never enough dog books.

AislinnDeb

Dec-6

No, there is not. I'm always searching amazon for a new one still.