German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Would you pay more to get your lost dog back?   German Shepherd News, Videos and Miscellaneous

Started Dec-6 by DW (GSDogwalker); 222 views.
DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-6

Kazell

Dec-6

I'd call the cops and tell them they have my dog and are holding him pretty much for ransom. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
FriedFishie

Dec-6

I thought the same thing. But then, that may just be the Texan in me :P

Remi (DerWolfram)

Dec-7

The non-Texan in me would report him to the police (dogs are considered property under US law, so this is basically theft/blackmail). The Texan in me would show up with my gun.

FriedFishie

Dec-7

That's a good point :P

In reply toRe: msg 2
DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-7

I would, too. That is terrible. The article says the dog was too much for him and he decided on his own to give it back for the original reward.

BlueStarWolf

Dec-8

I agree too that's just wrong I found a poodle once and didn't even take the reward but she sent it to me so I couldn't refuse it. She used my dads address as return so I couldn't return it. I thought that was nice.

Wolfenblu

Dec-8

This happened to my breeder once she lost one of her best females and the person who found it demanded 200 dollars at the time 100 dollars was a very good reward.

My breeder decided she would call our friend the constable and pretend she was talking to her husband asking him to bring more money as she only had 100 dollars.

He got the idea she was using the guys phone, and they were standing there. He was familiar with her and her dogs as she and I would help him train his tracking dog.

Back then you could buy a good show/work prospect for about $250-$300 and imports for slightly more plus the shipping of course.

Our friend arrived in uniform in his squad car and the guy never said a word he took the hundred dollars and gave the dog back and apologized realizing he had made a BIG mistake.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Dec-8

It was nice.  People are grateful to get their dogs back.