German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ok seriously, the whining!   Behavior and Training

Started May-31 by GetTheDogs; 409 views.
GetTheDogs

May-31

Honestly, he whines so much. Hahaha. Are your's the same?

DW (GSDogwalker)

May-31

Depends but yes sometimes.

Kazell

May-31

Our old GSD never made a peep as far as whining. Shelby I corrected every time she whined as soon as she started  when we got her and got it under wraps. I’m starting to dislike seeing GSDs at work with how obnoxious most of them are about it though

In reply toRe: msg 3
DW (GSDogwalker)

May-31

You’re a stranger and they want to be with their owners.

Kazell

May-31

There are differences, we get in plenty of dogs who aren’t happy to be with strangers over their owners. We do have some regulars so we aren’t just strangers to all of them. Some GSDs are just annoying and I see now why they have such a bad rep for people who work in the animal industry. Keep in mind these are byb dogs, not well bred. Many of them aren’t properly trained either. Not sure though, how the well bred dogs would do. There are plenty of GSDs that do the senseless whining at home and I’m curious as to where it’s coming from.

I’ve gotten two of the style of GSDs I like. Very stable dogs and I’d like to see more of them around. They aren’t happy to be parted from their owners but they’re not neurotic about it and nothing about the grooming process bothers them. I like that confidence and environmental stability. One of them was a white GSD actually, the other a generic saddleback.

bearshandler

May-31

Depends. Bear can be whiny in certain situations. Usually when he’s in drive. Cion holds it together well. He whines when he comes out of the car to work , but that’s about it.

GetTheDogs

May-31

Ray whines next to us when we're in bed.

He will whine when his food/bone is on the bench but he can't have it yet.

I'm going to take some videos. 

bearshandler

May-31

That’s annoying. I’d be pretty annoyed dealing with that.

In reply toRe: msg 5
DW (GSDogwalker)

May-31

Get the breeder names of the solid dogs you meet for future reference.  The all whites I’ve met tend to be very submissive and easy dogs, low drive.