German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

My Akita / LGD friend sent this.. a little different...   Behavior and Training

Started Jun-30 by Solitaire13; 389 views.
Solitaire13

Jun-30

LET'S TALK: JOHN ANTHONY'S TOP 10 PERSONAL PROTECTION DOGS

CALL INTO THE SHOW: https://guest.ecamm.live/4cf5164f8John Anthony is a certified canine performance scientist, professional dog trainer & certified decoy at...

DW (GSDogwalker)

Jun-30

I didn’t expect that list.  I watched the first 25 minutes. He mentioned Ann Kent.  I didn’t know she was that famous. My girl is GSD with some Chow.

Solitaire13

Jun-30

I was surprised that he was so defensive driven vs prey.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Jun-30

Yes. Why has that trainer taken so many bites?  Does that mean he’s a good trainer, or not?  Wouldn’t a good trainer know how to avoid them?

bearshandler

Jul-5

I keep saying I’m going to watch this but the length is so off putting 

DW (GSDogwalker)

Jul-5

You don’t have to watch the whole thing.  I forwarded to each of the breeds and then watched him talk about the ones I am most interested in.  I watched less than 30 minutes.  You could watch a little at a time.

Solitaire13

Jul-5

I rarely watch anything longer than two minutes but I was drawn in by this man's respect of defense and little faith in prey.  I don't agree with everything but I found it worth a listen.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Jul-5

He’s very good. Lots of understanding of breeds and behaviors,

bearshandler

Jul-5

It’s a small dog world, especially when you look at protection. If you find some success in it, especially sport wise, you’ll be pretty well known. If you pay attention, a lot of the major events all have the same decoys. Look at Marcus Hampton for instance.

bearshandler

Jul-5

He was talking about dogs without training, which would explain his slant towards defensive dogs.