GovWatch

Hosted by Cstar1|Webpage

A forum for posting about laws & pending legislation - both domestic & international, freedom of the press, & online privacy.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rape   Law & Disorder

Started 12/29/12 by Cstar1; 52677 views.
Cstar1
Host

3/11/15

Don't nurses have a union that should be looking out for this sort of thing?

CruisingCats

3/11/15

There are nursing unions in a few places, such as some in CA and MN. But the vast numbers of nurses do not have a nursing union. I don't know the actual percentage of nurses that do, but I would guess it's less than 1%. I know I've never been covered by a union, although I have been lucky enough to work in unionized hospitals so I got some of the benefits anyway. The benefits I got were in line of having reasonable patient ratios, lift teams for heavy patients and mandatory breaks. In places without unions we can pretty well guess that we won't get a break for 12 hours many days and we are not allowed to claim no break so we get paid for it. It's illegal, but when there is no one to fight for you they get away with it.

In reply toRe: msg 223
Cstar1
Host

3/11/15

In reply toRe: msg 224
Cstar1
Host

3/19/15

In reply toRe: msg 225
Cstar1
Host

4/6/15

Rolling Stone’s repudiation of the main narrative in “A Rape on Campus” is a story of journalistic failure that was avoidable. The failure encompassed reporting, editing, editorial supervision and fact-checking. The magazine set aside or rationalized as unnecessary essential practices of reporting that, if pursued, would likely have led the magazine’s editors to reconsider publishing Jackie’s narrative so prominently, if at all.

In reply toRe: msg 227
Cstar1
Host

9/10/15

Look what the majors just discovered.

In reply toRe: msg 228
Cstar1
Host

11/12/15

In reply toRe: msg 229
Cstar1
Host

2/1/16

Despicable. 

In reply toRe: msg 230
Cstar1
Host

4/14/16

Aw, poor liddle Harvard boys can't control their unruly penises when they see girls up close.