GovWatch

Hosted by Cstar1|Webpage

A forum for posting about laws & pending legislation - both domestic & international, freedom of the press, & online privacy.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rape   Law & Disorder

Started 12/29/12 by Cstar1; 44312 views.
CruisingCats

12/29/12

Excellent post.

Women are being treated as second-class citizens with barely the rights of slaves. And many women are accepting this as the natural order of things. 

Men are righteously making decisions for women. Priests are saying that women brought their own rapes upon them for serving cold meals. This is an outrage that women have to stop. And the enlightened men who stand with them.
lumpocoal

12/29/12

I'm a progressive liberal and I see what's being done against women , as well as voter
suppression, union busting, attacks on Planned Parenthood, etc as a declining of our
rights and freedoms by corporate America and their supporters.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Cstar1
Host

12/30/12

• Edited 12/30/2012 1:01 pm by Cstar1
CruisingCats

12/30/12

I'm the same way.
CruisingCats

12/30/12

In some areas of this country, 40-70% of rape kits aren't even tested. I can't find it now, but when some of the ignored kits were tested a whole bunch of serial rapists were uncovered.

In reply toRe: msg 12
Cstar1
Host

12/30/12

From Daily Kos:

The New York Times recently profiled a disturbing sexual assault of a teenage girl in Steubensville, Ohio, when members of the revered high school football team allegedly dragged an intoxicated minor from party to party for her to be repeatedly victimized. Only two people have been charged.  The hacker group Anonymous has now taken matters into their own hands, threatening to post personal information of people whom they view as complicit.
CruisingCats

12/31/12

Ha! I knew I'd read it somewhere!

Apparently, I'm becoming senile.
CruisingCats

12/31/12

I'm so tired of the authorities ignoring these allegations that I'm actually kinda glad that someone is paying attention. Maybe it will force the authorities into taking these allegations seriously.