GovWatch

Hosted by Cstar1|Webpage

A forum for posting about laws & pending legislation - both domestic & international, freedom of the press, & online privacy.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rape   Law & Disorder

Started 12/29/12 by Cstar1; 52878 views.
Cstar1
Host

8/28/13

I read a headline that said the judge was defending his decision, but I didn't check the article, and I'm too lazy to go find it now.

This is a classic case of "blame the victim."
CruisingCats

8/28/13

Yes, it is classically blaming the victim. 

The judge needs to be pulled off the bench. A child is a child, no matter how she acts. Especially since children notoriously act provocative if they have already been abused or are in a situation where they can't get normal affection and love. It can be startling, but wholly understandable.

Note, I don't know anything about this case, except the one article. But the fact remains, a child is a child.
Cstar1
Host

8/29/13

Montana judge won't resign over 30-days-for-rape ruling

Christian Science Monitor - ‎58 minutes ago‎
A Montana judge apologized but said he had no plans to resign after his remarks about a 14-year-old rape victim - and the 30-day jail sentence he handed the perpetrator - sparked outrage.
CruisingCats

8/29/13

It sounds like protests are gearing up and with luck he will be forced out.
Cstar1
Host

8/29/13

Montana teacher gets 30 days in rape of student, 14, who later kills herself

(CNN) -- Hundreds of protesters are expected to converge at the Billings, Montana, county courthouse Thursday, to express their outrage over what they call a lenient sentence for a man who admitted raping a 14-year-old girl.
CruisingCats

8/29/13

I wish I were there!
In reply toRe: msg 91
Cstar1
Host

8/29/13

The forgotten rapes of Detroit. All 11,304 of them.
In reply toRe: msg 92
Cstar1
Host

8/30/13

A Montana judge said he regrets controversial comments he made when he sentenced a former teacher to only 30 days in jail for raping a 14-year-girl who later committed suicide.

ABC

He now calls his own comments "stupid, and wrong" but still stands behind the 30 day sentence given to the teacher.

In reply toRe: msg 93
Cstar1
Host

9/3/13

Montana judge says month-long prison term for rape may be too lenient feeds.reuters.com/~r/Reuters/dom