Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2021 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/28/21 by DogsUp; 58569 views.
DogsUp

4/21/21

Bejarno rides Hidden Stash. Colt is one where it is managed for outsider buy-in. I 'know of 2 of the owners.

One is a locally based metals recycle/recovery industrialist.

The other will probably get a highlight mention from NBC Sports. Jim Boehein Syracuse basketball coach legend.

Hoofnote; Rick Patino introduced Jim to his wife Julie at a Ky Derby.

Horse has always brought home a paycheck to the 4th position. If I had to pick 10 runners today he'd be out. 

Yet.. he becomes by adverse possession my home team colt. The perils of ticket construction, getting paid for one's  handicapping and a respect for bankroll and my money in general. Condrum.

Also for about 8 years now guys at the cigar shop pool in for my/ their composite Derby play.

And are 6 for 8. 2012 IHA and the DQ.   They are all Syr. Orange freaks. They'll want this runner in. They are not horse guys. Derby/TC shooters. But like the action of KDy.

Glad you asked who the jock was. Cause 'Cuse guys will want him in. 

Colt will not be in the win spot for sure.

• Edited April 21, 2021 8:09 pm  by  DogsUp
ChiefsCrown

4/21/21

He could be runnin' down the stretch late to p/u the superfecta. Hey i got the 1st, 10th, 11th and 20th picks in Cubs pool. I'll say at even odds i get Bourbonic w/20!

That's cool though, i'll have him in one of my supers, maybe he'll be around +60/1 next sat.

Wintertrian

4/21/21

ChiefsCrown said...

.Hozier sits at 21, Baffert might enter him if there be a defection.

Well that'll be an EASY TOSS

Wintertrian

4/21/21

DogsUp said...

'Cuse guys will want him in.

He IS in.  
Ever notice that the last horse that draws into the gate, or the last 2, often hit the superfecta or super high five?

DogsUp

4/21/21

Regarding the long horses.. yeah they got to be used for Home Run tickets.

Are we suppose to have this much fun with, as one of our great ladies who blogged here and now rests in peace..in this Foolish Pleasure. It is a respite from the days/news.

I remember when I joined the blog, back when they were running at Jourasic Park. 

And to get a rise out of my audience (Probably sent one compade to the emergency room a couple of times..who I highly respect) My opener was...

'I spent all my money on fast women, slow horses and good cigars. The rest of my money I wasted."

Well one has to tighten up their handicapping and get paid for it. So this Home Run ticket will cover that as the slow horses exception to the real way I play.  I am "not' a spendthrift. Hell of a name for a horse farm eh Husk?

My woman of 22 years was as gentle as they come.  I loved Lookin at Lee. Lianne.

Ah..good cigars; let's let that one go. 

So with the proper keys and tosses and disciple construction... possible.  Yet the one shooter has used the fav and ultimate  winner on top 7 yrs*DQ.  I never fall in love with a runner. If my ticket beats key in a multiple key wheel that's good thing.

As my  God father would say...the last guy that listened to me is batting clean up on skid row.

• Edited April 21, 2021 9:18 pm  by  DogsUp
DogsUp

4/21/21

Cuse guys will want the colt IN the Ticket wheels... as a play in the wheels.

Extra permutation cost. 

Not win. Beat me.

• Edited April 21, 2021 9:21 pm  by  DogsUp
Wintertrian

4/21/21

DogsUp said...

Are we suppose to have this much fun with, as one of our great ladies who blogged here and now rests in peace..in this Foolish Pleasure. It is a respite from the days/news.

There will never be a TC series where I do not think of her and her insights. 

Months before her passing, I recieved an unexpected large box on my porch.  It was a box of about 25 wonderful horse books that she just decided to send me.   Now I look back at that and see how amazing that was,  since she had zero health problems and it came out of the blue that she passed away.   It was like those books were looking for a good resting place. 

My dogs passed away before the pandemic, and I have never been without dog(s) since I was 8 years old.  But i have not gone to shelters to look for one.......I prefer that a dog find ME.  That is how I ended up with all my dogs except for 1.   I know I will be driving along somewhere and a homeless one will run out from a ditch or something.   The best one I had was from a girl who was taking a pillowcase down to the river filled w/ puppies.  You know I just took the whole pillowcase.  I kept one and found the others good homes.   This is how they find me. 

Msg 1621.200 deleted
Wintertrian

4/21/21

In the last 15 derbies who were the last horses to make the gate?  Did any of them run in the superfecta or super high five?
From memory I think yes.

DogsUp said...

Cuse guys will want the colt IN the Ticket wheels... as a play in the wheels.

Extra permutation cost. 

Not win. Beat me.

cubs.fan

4/21/21

Quite a few. Golden Soul, Commanding Curve, Lookin at Lee, Instilled Regard, Country House, Mr Big News...