Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2021 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started Feb-28 by DogsUp; 35067 views.
Msg 1621.321 deleted
Oldbettowin

May-12

I can’t get anything from the video :/

Maybe he’s getting good at the right time since he’s maturing etc but I don’t know if you can really compare those two races.  Same track, same day (although probably 8 hours apart) but way different race rating and class rating, hence the way different speed ratings the two got.  Also, if one is inclined to toss out the derby like me because of the track that day, you probably have to toss that first race too.  

cubs.fan

May-12

Churchill on Friday seemed to favor off the pace types on dirt most of the day and it carried through the early card on Saturday. They obviously did something to the track before the Pat Day Mile to move the main track to the dirt highway that Derby day has come to be known for.

That said, I had Ram in that race and at 20-1 or higher, he could get a piece underneath in the Preakness, but he looks more like an Optimizer type than a Oxbow.

smartyslew

May-12

That's SOP every year for Churchill !

DogsUp

May-12

In early races on  Big Card - non bigger than the Derby - a player pretty much doesn't  have to pass on races. Gasing up the bankroll.

I don't care for 5. 51/2 turf though. And obviously when one goes to say Saratoga for live (I can't wait) play em all and picks. I also usually Dutch a live ticket in the last leg.

Anywho...I opened up with the 1st race, walked into OTB strokes before the Starter would  release the electromagnet Starting Gate and took a look at the Form...and made a one factor decision having jammed my eyes on a nano second of the field and knowing the line of one day shooters would be reciting their ticket calls like a PhD Chemist in Organometallics defending an oral presentation for a Nobel Prize.

My nano decision was: What the hell is Lukas doing here!

Oldbettowin

May-12

My nano decision was: What the hell is Lukas doing here!

He’s pretty much retired at CD.

DogsUp

May-12

WTH was he doing in the race conditions. Wayne knows best.

And he was in a race he thought he could win and Preak prepping. 

• Edited May 12, 2021 6:41 pm  by  DogsUp
princeofdoc

May-12

As I said in a previous thread, I think Ram should be the favorite for last place.  However, given that you apparently like him, I will be including him in a couple of my exotics on the bottom :)

DogsUp

May-12

Article in Paulick report had Wayne saying Preakness a fun race and place to be even if you don't win.  And during work colt lacked energy. Mile breeze.

I stepped out for Wood and nobody here paid it any attention. 

The Preakness even the sage trainer is not in concert with me.

Then again, Wayne and dah boys play a lot of poker in their oft time.