Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Irad Ortiz punches Paco Lopez   General Discussions

Started Mar-1 by TexSquared; 1098 views.
TexSquared

Mar-1

Remember the 2010 Breeders' Cup, Borel got fined 5k and Castellano 2.5k for that brawl...

Wintertrian

Mar-1

Bad sportsmanship by Irad.   
Aggressive riding is one thing, but when it spills out to after a race in real life, that is a person who needs some anger management. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
SameSteve G

Mar-1

I watched the replay, too, Dogs.  :)

SameSteve G

Mar-1

Yes, I do remember.  

Fortunately, fights breaking out are pretty rare but the incidents are always amplified in the media.

Not just racing but all sports.  Well, except maybe golf & tennis.  Curling?   Bobsled?   Haha...cooler heads prevail.

Msg 1624.8 and the next 2 deleted
Gerh

Mar-2

Might be worth keeping an eye on Irad’s mount in the derby.After watching that,I don’t think too many jocks will want to cut him off

In reply toRe: msg 11
SameSteve G

Mar-2

Now the other riders know Irad isn't above using a sucker punch right after he says 'hello".

Plus, Irad has been known to cross the line between aggressive riding & reckless riding more than most.  What comes around tends to go round.  Paco has a rep, too.

It's like anything else.  If you don't punish reckless riding, it continues to occur.

As far as laying into someone while they are sitting down.  $10,000 & do not pass go for 14 days on the bench.  Irad may think twice before clipping someone again.

ChiefsCrown

Mar-2

Remember that BC "throwdown" well. Borel to me never was the same after that brawl.