Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Derby Top 20   Triple Crown

Started Mar-2 by princeofdoc; 1170 views.
princeofdoc

Mar-2

Some movement, a bit of intrigue, threw a couple of longshots in at the bottom...

1) Essential Quality
2) Life Is Good
3) Greatest Honour
4) Caddo River
5) Concert Tour
6) Medina Spirit
7) Roman Centurian
8) Mandaloun
9) Proxy
10) Keepmeinmind
11) Hot Rod Charlie
12) Prevalence
13) Crowded Trade
14) Freedom Fighter
15) Spielberg
16) Highly Motivated
17) Collaborate
18) Senor Buscador
19) Prate
20) Soup and Sandwich

Still think Romabauer, The Great One, and Get Her Number have a little chance, but didn't crack the top 20

Gerh

Mar-2

I think Senor Buscador is off the trail.The Dubai route could be interesting this year as many off the horses that will run in the UAE Derby will have never run on lasix.

In reply toRe: msg 2
princeofdoc

Mar-2

Colt just breezed at Sam Houston 3 days ago, so if off TC Trail, then not because he's injured....

Dubai is definitely interesting, but I still doubt it's a path for the Derby winner, so I'm hesitant to list any of the competitors there.

Northof64

Mar-2

Hey Ozzie, if looking for another possible flyer how about DreamShake? I know only a 6 1/2 f maiden winner but looked great and runs in the San Felipe!!! Should still get good odds on him. North

Gerh

Mar-2

According to Paulick Report he sustained a mild strain

princeofdoc

Mar-3

Colt was already bet down to 20-1, way too low for his accomplishments thus far......the flyer I'll probably take is on Hidden Stash, if he enters the TB Derby.  Gets out of the 1 hole, may come back strong....then off to the Blue Grass and the track he's already won at.

Northof64

Mar-3

Agree 20-1 is way too low. Surprises me 

Wintertrian

Mar-3

princeofdoc said...

Still think Romabauer, The Great One, and Get Her Number have a little chance, but didn't crack the top 20

I still like Rombauer.  Problem with the preps is that we often do not uncover the true long distance routers, because the prep races are too short. 

Then you have the ones who were mismanaged, like Solemini.  That one could have been great, IMHO.

DogsUp

Mar-3

A . Essential Quality

B. Collaborate / Hotrod Charlie/The Great One (by Doug's Derby winner Nyquist + named after Wayne Gretsky

C. ALL

A/C/B

B/A/C

C/A/B

Attention to those who won their last race and weight carried

ChiefsCrown

Mar-4

I like your top 9. Not a fan of Baffert's Medina Spirit, do like Concert Tour though.

Collaborate gets in the top 2 of the Fla. Derby i can see him cracking the top 10.

Would love to see Known Agenda make the Derby field.