Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Louisiana Derby   Triple Crown

Started Mar-15 by princeofdoc; 1618 views.
princeofdoc

Mar-15

Love that this race is 1 3/16th......I'm going with the 2 talented new shooters:  Hot Rod Charlie and Run Classic.  I know Run Classic doesn't look like his pedigree will necessarily be comfortable going longer, but he looks strong to me.  Charlie needed to get away from Baffert colts in CA, could score here.  And Dallas Stewart's long shot might just explode the exotics :)

smartyslew

Mar-15

I hope you are right, DRF listed it at 9f !

Fair Grounds STAKES

Purse $1,000,000. For Three Year Olds. One And Three Sixteenth Miles.

PP Horse  Virtual
Stable
A/S Med Jockey Wgt Trainer
1 Starrininmydreams (KY) 3/C L Saez 122 D Stewart
2 Rightandjust (KY) 3/C C J Hernandez 122 S Wilson
3 Run Classic (KY)
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
DogsUp

Mar-15

* Also Note here is where the Lasix time table of administration condition is found *

Louisiana Derby
Grade II • $1,000,000 Guaranteed • 108th Running
To Be Run Saturday, March 20, 2021 • 1 3/16 Miles
Early Bird Nomination Fee of $400 due by Saturday, December 26, 2020, which also 
includes nomination fee for the first two races of Louisiana Derby Series: $200,000 
guaranteed Lecomte Stakes (Grade III) on January 16, 2021, and $400,000 guaranteed 
Risen Star Stakes (Grade II) on February 13, 2021.
For Three-Year-Olds (Foals of 2018) by subscription of $400 (early bird which also includes nomination fee of said horse 
to Lecomte Stakes and Risen Star Stakes). Final nomination for Louisiana Derby closes Saturday, March 6, 2021, by subscription of $1,000; $5,000 to pass the 
entry box and $5,000 to start. Supplementary nominations of $25,000 (includes entry and starting fees) may be made at time of entry. The guaranteed purse 
will be divided as follows: 60% to first, 20% to second, 10% to third, 4% to fourth, 2% to fifth and 1% to sixth through ninth. Weight: Colts and geldings, 
122 lbs.; fillies, 117 lbs. This race will be limited to 14 starters. Preference will be given in the following manner: first preference to graded or group winners 
in order (I, II, III), then highest career earnings.

For Three Year Olds under International Medication Protocol. Horses nominated or entered to compete shall 
not be eligible to receive furosemide less than twenty-four (24) hours prior to post time. 

EARLY BIRD NOMINATIONS CLOSE SATURDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2020 ONE MILE AND THREE SIXTEENTHS
Fair Grounds Race Course | March 20, 2021
Forward all nominations to:
Email: scott.jones@fgno.com
Mail: Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots
Attn.: Racing Office
1751 Gentilly Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70119
(504) 944-5515 • 1-800-786-0010

• Edited March 15, 2021 3:15 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 3
smartyslew

Mar-15

Thanks Dogs:

Furosemide was patented in 1959 and approved for medical use in 1964.[3] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.[4] In the United States, it is available as a generic medication.[1] In 2017, it was the eighteenth most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than 29 million prescriptions.[5][6] It is on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned drug list due to concerns that it may mask other drugs.[7] It has also been used in race horses for the treatment and prevention of exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage.
a synthetic compound with a strong diuretic action, used especially in the treatment of edema.    a synthetic compound with a strong diuretic action, used especially in the treatment of edema.

DogsUp

Mar-15

And to All (as was the last FYI All info)

When runners are in layup for several months they gain a lot of water body weight.  Edema.

To return horse on layoff to the track more quickly trainer(s) used Lasix to rid the edema/body water from the system.

Just as it is created for and prescribed for human use initially. And it was by chance the pulmonary side effects of the drug in a horse became in existence and thus further usage.

Called the chicken soup* for horse respiratory  conditions. 

*Not to be confused with milk shakes which are illegal, Dogs says kidding.

Msg 1637.6 deleted
RAESFAN

Mar-17

I like both your horses as well. I'm looking for a price in this race, but I may settle on O Besos who I liked going into the Risen Star. He was stretching out significantly from 6f, and if you look at it, did not run poorly. He had a wide trip all the way around, which took away his closing kick. With the added foundation, and perhaps a better trip, he could be right there.

ChiefsCrown

Mar-17

Proxy for the win...Mandaloun for the place...Midnight Bourbon for the show!

Northof64

Mar-17

$10 exacta box and $5 trifecta box.      Run Classic-Mandaloun- Hot Rod 

DogsUp

Mar-18

I'm sticking with Hot Rod Charlie as the Delta colt to be key in Tri.  Just an 8 gate event however. Joel Rosario rode him 1st time in last where he lost to 2nd placer by a credit card. Sideways. Bumped in stretch and was sandwiched between two colts going to wire. Tight compression.

(For California, the track was slow and ..colt was a neck from the winner. due to rain...Aqua in Calif!?) And Joel has worked him in AM drill.

The Hot Rodder was 94-1, 2nd place to Numro Uno Derby fav Essential Quality in their 2 yr old Breeders Cup Juvey session.

• Edited March 18, 2021 7:49 am  by  DogsUp