Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fla Derby   Triple Crown

Started Mar-21 by Plus2lbs; 3042 views.
Plus2lbs

Mar-21

Worth the price of admission..

Well done Stronach

• Edited March 22, 2021 11:10 am  by  Plus2lbs
princeofdoc

Mar-22

Not sure I understand the post.....can you please enlighten the uninformed?

Plus2lbs

Mar-22

Well..i was just thinking this.. last week..and this is happening.

BB comes to town with a contender..plus the usual suspects..me thinks this is a betting race..

BB wouldn't show up here if it were not for Greatest Honor..winner is KY Derby fav.

• Edited March 22, 2021 8:42 pm  by  Plus2lbs
princeofdoc

Mar-22

Who is he bringing?

ChiefsCrown

Mar-24

Greatest Honor has a spot locked up in the derby. Unless he's going for the Florida trifecta (H. Bull, FOY and Fla Derby) i'm thinking he'll run well enough for a paid workout. 

Not sold on Spielberg here. Liking Known Agenda, Papatu, Nova Rags and GH for the super/box.

I like Known Agenda for the win.

Thoughts?

RAESFAN

Mar-24

Collaborate and Soup and Sandwich are a couple of late blooming Derby hopefuls. Both look to have talent, and will be prepared to run big as this is their only shot to get in the big race. Collaborate will be bet down, while Soup and Sandwich will probably be a good price. I might take a chance on him to hit the board.

princeofdoc

Mar-24

Yes, both are talented colts, and will be trying hard, certainly.....but for both, 1st time Lasix, as well as distance, and up in weights.....I think Collaborative will try to steal it, with S&S not far behind.  If they get out with soft fractions, could certainly last, but I like Known Agenda and GH to run them down.

The bomb could be Jirafales....I'll be playing him in the exotics, though I question no published works since his last.  Wondering why Romans is running Southern Passage back so quickly, there are other opportunities for a prep....

Castellano is taking Spielberg, he's a tough one to figure.....if the race was at Los Al, I'd give him a shot!

In reply toRe: msg 8
Wintertrian

Mar-25

FL Derby was always my most favorite prep race. 
This year, I have no idea who these horses are. 

Maybe I need to study up, but sometimes I am grateful for a "just watch" race, so I don't feel pressured to cap it.   

princeofdoc

Mar-25

You should feel pressure, Winter.....we depend upon your insights!