Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ark Derby   Triple Crown

Started Apr-4 by princeofdoc; 2774 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Apr-10

Just a reminder about who needs what.  CT is in the race to run interference for Baffert's other horse so he can make sure to get 2 in the gate at CDX. 

Hosier can run 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, that's all he has to do. 

On the other hand, Caddo River, Get Her Number, Super Stock and Last Samari need to run 1st or 2nd.  No other placing will get them to Knetucky.    These guys will be *trying hard*. 

I am not putting CT first because he doesn't need to run his heart out here right before the KY Derby. 

princeofdoc

Apr-10

I am playing CT for first here, not worried about how he doesn't need it, rather I think he is that much better than the others, especially his stablemate.  Yes, Hozier would be an easy toss for the Derby, but I don't think he'll fare well today.  I like the others for the tri, especially Caddo and Get.

princeofdoc

Apr-10

I like Swiftsure here.....and then to go on and be a major competitor in the Preakness, possibly even on the undercard on Derby day.

Oldbettowin

Apr-10

I have no idea really.  I’m just looking forward to seeing which one blinks first, Concert Tour or Caddo River.

In reply toRe: msg 14
Wintertrian

Apr-10

Concert Tour ran exactly as I thought he would.........3rd.   I had a couple tickets and he was 3rd on every one.  

YAY!   

Asmussen wanted to get a horse into the Derby and Caddo River (my guy for the AR Derby) will get enough points. 

I don't really like Caddo River for the Derby though.......to me, he is the perfect Preakness horse.  (but CT isn't going to win the KY Derby either).   

Santana and Geroux, the Oaklawn riders, were't going to go quietly into the night.  They ride there day in and day out. 

Best of all, the tickets paid well w/out CT in the win/place 

Wintertrian

Apr-10

unfortunately I cannot read your tickets. 

Oldbettowin

Apr-10

Well if that was Baffert trying to get Hozier in he didn’t do a very good job of it lol.

Wintertrian

Apr-10

Oldbettowin said...

Well if that was Baffert trying to get Hozier in he didn’t do a very good job of it lol.

Yeah I was wrong about that.......but it's just as well.  Hozier would be a toss if he got into the gate. 

3-3-2-0-0 (8) DI = 7.00  CD = 1.13

In reply toRe: msg 14
Oldbettowin

Apr-10

One of them really should have blinked.  They both would have been better off.