Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monomoy Girl vs Swiss Skydiver   General Discussions

Started Apr-12 by Wintertrian; 339 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-12

The Apple Blossom is going to be amazing.  

" Swiss Skydiver “absolutely” would return to Oaklawn for a showdown with champion Monomoy Girl in the $1 million, Grade 1 Apple Blossom Handicap for older fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on April 17.

“We’re coming with a beast,” McPeek said (of swiss skydiver)

cubs.fan

Apr-12

It was unbelievable that Swiss Skydiver went off just a couple ticks lower than that baffert horse in her last race. Better than even money was a gift.

Wintertrian

Apr-12

This year's Apple Blossom is going to be exciting.  

SameSteve G

Apr-13

Looking forward to the race!

Wintertrian

Apr-17

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Horse_Racing/messages/?listMode=1

I posted under the Shirreffs topic, forgot I started the other one.  
It was a killer race. z

In winner's circle Letruska is very frisky, they had to take the flower blanket off her, she was having none of it.  She *dwarfed* her handler, that is one big mare. 

I am really not familiar with that trainer?  Speaks broken English, he dreamed this.   Very charming and humble. 

His horse was a champion in Mexico.  

DogsUp

Apr-17

Let rusk was 6 for 6 3 yo champ Mexico.

He ran the mare at OP April 16 + 30 2020. In one op chain 50 + 75.

Irad makes the difference. NYRA guys I think in Derby also.

Have Pk 5 going used Irad.

Need 1,2,4,11.

OWNERSHIP Canadian 

Trainer Mexican goes track to track..

Got weight concession 118

• Edited April 17, 2021 7:36 pm  by  DogsUp
SameSteve G

Apr-17

WT, you tryin' to gaslight me?  The link you just gave me comes back to this thread. Haha!  Not only that, I clicked it 3 times.  I said, can't be, try it again...and again.

Letruska on the day.  Great stretch duel.   I think McPeek, who said earlier that he was bringing over a "beast" in Skydiver may have had her on the performance edge & she dropped off the wrong side during the race.  Maybe.

I know virtually nothing about Gutierrez but I did see that he's working the Florida circuit.

I'm always glad to see one of the hard working trainers who really need the purse $ score in a big race.   Good for him!