Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Panadol not coming   Triple Crown

Started Apr-15 by Wintertrian; 449 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-15

"The connections of UAE Derby runner-up Panadol had hoped to run him in the May 1 Kentucky Derby, but he has been declared from consideration after suitable transportation from overseas became unavailable.  "

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Apr-15

I guess rombauer is out, too?  I heard, havn't followed up

ChiefsCrown

Apr-15

Pointing Rombo to the Preakness and/or Belmont.

TexSquared

Apr-15

suitable transportation from overseas became unavailable

What?  He's owned by Sheikh Mohammed's son, they have their own planes...  if they really wanted to run in the Derby they'd get him here.    Must be some rule requiring the foreign horses to quarantine in Chicago... otherwise why not Belmont or Keeneland?

The rest of the DRF article said:

Panadol, owned by Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed al-Maktoum, had been scheduled to be flown from Dubai to Chicago on April 22, then arrive three days later at Churchill after being quarantined. However, the flight was canceled, according to sources working closely with trainer Salem Ghadayer.

Oldbettowin

Apr-15

I think the only airport in Kentucky with Customs is the Cincinnati airport and I’m not real sure about it.  Still, one would think they could fly him to Chicago or wherever themselves if the really wanted to.

TexSquared

Apr-15

UPS flies cargo planes from around the world into Louisville so they've gotta have customs there.  Anyway, on to the Belmont for him...

smartyslew

Apr-15

Ups is headquartered in Louisville ,thats an option.

They have many entry points to get him there.

SameSteve G

Apr-15

There is something the Sheik's team is not divulging.  That seems obvious.

I don't believe we will ever know, either.

Oldbettowin

Apr-15

Well it’s an international freight hub but not for people.  Not sure about livestock.

smartyslew

Apr-15

Yeah my brother was in mangement there, they have many hub ways to come in  and then continue to Louisville.
 At one time  he was one of their leaders in the Pacific Rim,  had houses in Singapore, Anchorage and Las Vegas

after his years in Louisville.