Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Racing Post Ratings   Triple Crown

Started Apr-16 by Oldbettowin; 945 views.
Oldbettowin

Apr-16

The past tenleven derby winners’ best rpr prior to derby day (last year was kind of a one off year):

Super Saver 116

Animal Kingdom 113

I’ll Have Another 116

Orb 120

Cal. Chrome 124

Am. Pharoah 124

Nyquist 116

Always Dreaming 115

Justify 123

Maximum Security 119 (Country House 105)

Authentic 118

This year’s best:

Essential Quality 119

Highly Motivated 118

Hot Rod Charlie 116

Super Stock 116

Known Agenda 115

Rock Your World 115

SameSteve G

Apr-17

Thanks for providing those numbers.  High probability the exacta is in that group of 6 & perhaps even the trifecta.

No handicapping this year!  Play 'em blind.  :)

Pick-4

Apr-17

What was the Race Post Rating for King Fury?

In reply toRe: msg 5
Pick-4

Apr-17

The 99 was for his race in November.

I was wondering what he got for the Lexington.

He received a 117 Timeform for the Lexington

Wintertrian

Apr-17

Oldbettowin said...

This year’s best:

Essential Quality 119

Highly Motivated 118

Hot Rod Charlie 116

Super Stock 116

Known Agenda 115

Rock Your World 115

Would you happen to have the others?   If I played the above, that looks pretty chalky.  Everyone is "on" those horses.

As a matter of fact, I don't trust RP any more than I trust any other "opinon" since they are all based on 9F races. 

I prefer to have all the options.  I would have taken Country House at 105.  Acutally, I did.  I had decided not to use the cheating trainer in that race and karma rewarded me.  

In reply toRe: msg 6
Oldbettowin

Apr-18

They haven’t rated the Lexington.  Sometimes it takes them a few days but since it’s been a week now they probably won’t.

Oldbettowin

Apr-18

Yeah if I can figure out who’s in and who isn’t.  I just think they’re interesting to look at and I just look at them for the win.  The winner almost always comes from the top two or three (unless they’re DQ’d lol but that never happens) and I listed the best rpr no matter when it occurred.  It’s just that if they’re in the derby field they probably ran pretty good at 8.5 or 9 furlongs.  And they’re good for seeing improvement.

i like to look at the Timeform ratings with what would be good in that race in mind. 

SameSteve G

Apr-18

A single data point in isolation is not predictive.  A series of data points on a single horse could be predictive if one interprets the series correctly.

I miss Steve Roman's numbers!  IMO, they were the best in terms of predictive value.