Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Triple Crown Series   Triple Crown

Started 4/18/21 by smartyslew; 25092 views.
smartyslew

May-31

Thanks for the video That is great !

smartyslew

May-31

I would like to thank you Steve and Winter for the heads up when it was race day.

The announcers on the Twin Spires feed said it was a new track record.
the winning time was about 10 lengths faster then Big Reds Record on dirt

2:22 and change for about 12 furlongs.

TexSquared

May-31

That Tokyo course plays very fast.  Sub-2:24 is commonly run for 12f races.  I get the impression it is rock-hard firm like American turf courses, and isn't a bog like the Europeans prefer.  Firm turf is generally faster than dirt, and let's not forget unlike Churchill Downs, NYRA doesn't "scrape and roll" its dirt tracks to turn them into pavement.  So running 12f over the sandy beach of Belmont Park is going to be tougher and more tiring than that same distance over Tokyo's dry, fast NFL-like lawn :-)

smartyslew

May-31

I thought it might be harder this year with the times and stakes records broken by more than a little bit, like the White Horse win. That field of 17 in the Japanese Derby  IMO had elite pedigrees for 

12f or longer, with a mix of Japanese Bred Sires to elite Mares from all over The World.

There was a rhythm for the Field ,I don't see in North American racing.

Its a NFL turf but to have that field  of elite runners was enjoyable to watch. Loved it.  

Wintertrian

May-31

Gerh said...

That was fantastic.What the hell are we doing watching US dirt racing?

It WAS fantastic.   Drug free horses are the bomb.

It's also a beautiful racecourse.   

I think I've posted about this before, but you get to see the horses for about 20 full minutes, I mean every part of them, not a 5 min post parade.  Also, they show each horse and talka bout them and their legs and stuff aren't "obscured" by ponies, hedges, banners scrolling across your screen, etc.   You can really see what you're wagering on. 

I had the 3d and 4th horse or maybe 5th, I forgot now.....I've won on Stella Veloce before.....and Great Magician

Msg 1678.152 deleted
Wintertrian

Jun-1

smartyslew said...

I would like to thank you Steve and Winter for the heads up when it was race day.

I greatly appreciated having friends to watch the race with and we all stayed up late and chatter....  It's not the same as sitting around the kitchen table together but it will have to do.  :)  

Plus2lbs

Jun-1

Duomo arigato..

In reply toRe: msg 1
smartyslew

Jun-1

In January I had 4 penciled in for the Belmont:

Greatest Honour, Essential Quality, Proxy, Midnight Bourbon.

Essential Quality.  Belmont Winner

In reply toRe: msg 155
smartyslew

Jun-1

Belmont Winners 8 generation Female Inbreeding 2007 thru 2018
Subject: Fw: 2018 belmont 8 generation female linebreeding
FIRST: s cat/ dep min 1h,narrate by honest pleasure/ state with, mr p , mrp
he is the only horse i have seen with 4 daughters of mr p in his pedigree
and has the rasmussed factor from 2 of them by Narrate, by honest pleasure/nijinsky
blue eye momo= gs-bms bms francis s,blackball 1x=bms bms bms the axe, sire of foggy note 3-0
1st s cat/ awesome again  1h
JUSTIFY C, 2015 DP = 5-6-8-1-0 (20) DI = 3.00   CD = 0.75
Horse Inbreeding Stats Crosses Lines
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message