Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Triple Crown Series   Triple Crown

Started Apr-18 by smartyslew; 20390 views.
Oldbettowin

Jun-4

It doesn’t bother you that an api-ran has never won the Belmont?  I think if I bet it at all it’s just going to be another $20 on Rombauer lol.  And even then probably only if he goes off at least 4-1 or so.

smartyslew

Jun-4

Not at all I like this better Whats in the 5 generations
I use before The Sire and Bms Nicks its what is fed from the Engine room

the 6th and 7th Generation In this case all of the sires and Mares from family

branches 13c and family 2f  9 of one and 7 of the other within the 5 generations

8 from family 1x is a bonus  and seven (7) foundation of family 8 and 5 meets the

Standards I use. Also I like at least 2 daughters Of big red in the window of time

today, but there is 3 daughters of big red all in the 4th generations Dams of Sires all in the 3rd

Generation API, Gone West, Storm Cat all 3 from different Sire Lines, 2 on the dam side one on the Sire line, one in the Bms line, Storm Cat bred to the 3rd  Dam 1x who also traces  to Princequillo and LaTroienne.

for me this trumps  Sire/Bms nicks. when the occasion comes up.

Essential Quality  Tapit/ Mr P 1x(8)3o,13c(9) 7 2f,              (7)

cubs.fan

Jun-5

Wasn't confident on 2nd/3rd, so made my third largest win bet ever on EQ. loved 9/5 as they loaded, disappointed in 6/5. Trakus data supported the tri, but I tried to get creative with the 8 in all spots.

smartyslew

Jun-5

The odds were all wrong for my strategy, see my message 173 for performance numbers

My pedigree angles stopped me from using those top 4 , Hot rod Charlie was fit like the winner

He was last on my ped score and I kept looking at 12f , and thought it was to far for Itm

But the 4 fittest came in. I Didn't bet EQ it was so stupid. I passed. Congrats on your win !

Wintertrian

Jun-5

Essential Quality showed the field what happens when you have a superior quality 12F horse on the track.  

I bet he'd do fine on the grass?  They should send him over to some classy races on the lawn over the pond.    

princeofdoc

Jun-5

I can never understand the big drop in odds AFTER the race goes.....seems like with everything computerized, prices should be immediate.

I found a bet on line Thursday that had EQ at 2.60, so I made my bet then, quite happily.....

The 7.50-1 on the exacta was rather low, but the 21-1 on the tri was better....and the 60-1 on the super was very good, all things considered

Plus2lbs

Jun-5

Ended on a High Note..for sure..

But is it over...

Who won the Derby?..

In reply toRe: msg 80
smartyslew

Jun-5

Mr P / Nor Dancer

That was easy..

In reply toRe: msg 184
smartyslew

Jun-5

Starting with message 121 in this thread I scored the angles that worked and the ones that didn't

work for the Belmont stakes this year, for those interested in both performance angles and pedigree

scoring from placements in a pedigree that work for the belmont.

smartyslew

Jun-5

Baffert's Lawyers will keep it in the courts for years .