Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Triple Crown Series   Triple Crown

Started 4/18/21 by smartyslew; 25009 views.
cubs.fan

Jun-5

Wasn't confident on 2nd/3rd, so made my third largest win bet ever on EQ. loved 9/5 as they loaded, disappointed in 6/5. Trakus data supported the tri, but I tried to get creative with the 8 in all spots.

smartyslew

Jun-5

The odds were all wrong for my strategy, see my message 173 for performance numbers

My pedigree angles stopped me from using those top 4 , Hot rod Charlie was fit like the winner

He was last on my ped score and I kept looking at 12f , and thought it was to far for Itm

But the 4 fittest came in. I Didn't bet EQ it was so stupid. I passed. Congrats on your win !

Wintertrian

Jun-5

Essential Quality showed the field what happens when you have a superior quality 12F horse on the track.  

I bet he'd do fine on the grass?  They should send him over to some classy races on the lawn over the pond.    

princeofdoc

Jun-5

I can never understand the big drop in odds AFTER the race goes.....seems like with everything computerized, prices should be immediate.

I found a bet on line Thursday that had EQ at 2.60, so I made my bet then, quite happily.....

The 7.50-1 on the exacta was rather low, but the 21-1 on the tri was better....and the 60-1 on the super was very good, all things considered

Plus2lbs

Jun-5

Ended on a High Note..for sure..

But is it over...

Who won the Derby?..

In reply toRe: msg 80
smartyslew

Jun-5

Mr P / Nor Dancer

That was easy..

In reply toRe: msg 184
smartyslew

Jun-5

Starting with message 121 in this thread I scored the angles that worked and the ones that didn't

work for the Belmont stakes this year, for those interested in both performance angles and pedigree

scoring from placements in a pedigree that work for the belmont.

smartyslew

Jun-5

Baffert's Lawyers will keep it in the courts for years . 

Plus2lbs

Jun-6

Spectacular Stuff Smartyslew..for sure

Gerh

Jun-6

I don’t know Rob.I saw an interview with one of Baffert’s lawyers and got the feeling he got his law degree at Trump University