Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Triple Crown Series   Triple Crown

Started 4/18/21 by smartyslew; 24760 views.
smartyslew

Apr-19

Thanks North, Your welcome , maybe it will help somebody, good Luck !   

Rock Your World-9f(P)Fapp./Fapp. DP = 3-4-8-1-0 (16) DI = 2.20   CD = 0.56 PPPP
Fapp/Nasrullah/Fapp/Storm Cat 4 gen sires P,N, 6 P
CMP 2-3-4-7-8   Speed = 5   Stamina = 15   Index = 0.41   Triads = 9-14-19
In reply toRe: msg 5
smartyslew

Apr-19

Derby Nicks Winners - Conduit winners
--
Essential Quality    ----Essential Quality-4
Known Agenda ------- Rock Your World
Rock Your World-------Mandaloun
Medina Spirit----------Sainthood                               
Mandaloun----------- Hidden Stash-4
Helium--------------- Get Her Number 
Dynamic One-------  King Fury
Sainthood 
Hidden Stash
Dream Shake
-
conduit 1x La troienne(BPT) 4 derby winners,4 preakness winners,2 Belmont winners
2 running in The Derby this year: Essential Quality and Hidden Stash.
-
Reine de Course. Given her own Family: 1x.
Dam of 2 HOF, 6 Reine de Course
Damline is active through all 9 daughters, most prominently Big Hurry and Baby League
More than 800 SW and more than 30 Champions descend from her and counting
Died Jan 30, 1954, age 28 buried at Greentree Farm
Essential Quality 1x(BP), Tapit/Mr P DP = 5-12-14-1-0 (32) DI = 3.00   CD = 0.66,PPPP
Tapit/  Fappiano/  MrP /storm cat  4th gen Sires 8 P
CMP 12-3-2-2-12   Speed = 15   Stamina = 14   Index = 1.04   Triads = 17-7-16
---
In reply toRe: msg 6
Wintertrian

Apr-19

Nice stats, smartyslew!

Question:   How does one estimate closely late pace figures for a horse like RYW when he was geared down. 
Is there a method by which to do that?

Because obviously I can't go with what my Brisnet PPs say.

smartyslew

Apr-19

I use my eyeballs and look for a  replay to refresh my memory if I haven't noted it ,in this case I did note it i

even tho I'll never forget this ride. I noted also in his gallop out he was 20 lengths  ahead of anybody else, so many

little things for ones DD. I save some dd for myself, any data I put out, It's nice to get feed back, 

smartyslew

Apr-19

you said "Because obviously I can't go with what my Brisnet PPs say. "

I can't either, I do dd from the Race chart for the race. not from bris and note the tidbits from the chart

and then I watch the replay and look for highlighted notes from the chart and most of the time I don't

put that in public. My data is for others to look at and choose to either run with it or do more of their DD,

from it. I will do highlights from the charts on some data like bumped at start, etc after the draw with

a full field.

Wintertrian

Apr-19

That's fine.  Understand. 

I wasn't addressing the question *directly* to you but thanks for sharing.........

I am/was wondering how other people do it.  How do you come up with a figure when there is none that fits into the "publishing" mode on PPs. 

It's like my comment about mud/slop.  People only look at races.  Horses who are stabled at tracks in barns where it rains cats n' dogs work and gallop in slop very frequently.  PPs don;t tell you that.  It's uber important, as is their breeding for such a task, even if they don't barn where there is a lot of rain. 

smartyslew

Apr-19

I'm sorry I thought you were talking about things like late pace and geared down not on the PP's, 

or similar like bumped at start, track bias, bumped at turn or 8 wide coming home,

The PP's are usually for once on the track. 

princeofdoc

Apr-19

I don't use the PP's at all for the Derby.....I watch all the races, make notes, go from there.  PP's, for me, are for races where I don't know the horses, and am unfamiliar with their races

princeofdoc

Apr-19

An example of something the PP's don't disclose.....Known Agenda's race in the Sam Davis, coming in 5th.  Watch the race, see just how full of run he was.  Not a surprise how well he ran next out.  Not sure how I feel about his chances in the Derby, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ran well

smartyslew

Apr-19

I read the race charts first, write down the tidbits, bumped wide on turn, etc watch the replays looking for them (tidbits)

Off the race chart I  write down the splits and note small adjustments, the last few years I compare the Raw time

with  bris ep numbers and late pace numbers , supposedly the numbers include track variants, class, g1,g2, and the

distance, wide trips, bumping, blocked etc. the fastest raw time doesn't always have the best speed number.

Thats the  last prep race  only.  I use those numbers for my 1/8 pole chart., i do after the draw 

the last few years I compare all speed figures.  if you look at the late pace raw numbers

I put on here I think they noticed what you did, he has the highest late speed  number in the field,  112

Since Dr Roman Retired I started using Bris numbers  recaps for Early, EP, and late pace numbers against the Raw Time.

Anybody like  another sight better for that ?