Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"Gimmick" Wagers for the KY Derby   Triple Crown

Started Apr-23 by Wintertrian; 2590 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-23

I always play a few of these for cheap.   Here's 2 of them......I actually like them a bit!  These are 4 horse boxes, you can add "one" horse that you love to make it 5 and make that a trifecta  

3-races-only horses exacta box:
Helium
Rock Your World
Soup & Sandwich
Sainthood

Todd Pletcher exacta box: (because of my dream about him for this year's derby):

Known Agenda
Bourbonic
Dynamic One
Sainthood

I have one more but not sharing it til right before the Derby. 

Oldbettowin

Apr-23

I’ve got one but I wouldn’t bet it lol:  the should probably be on turf exacta...

Rock Your World

Like the King

Helium

Oldbettowin

Apr-23

How about a Belmont box?

Proxy (Tapit, p-np)

Essential Quality (Tapit)

Hot Rod Charlie (Awesome Again)

RAESFAN

Apr-23

Often the names of horses, hint at an ascendant performance in the Derby:

We've had royalty like, American Pharoah or Animal Kingdom, names that served to Justify the notion that they were indeed Authentic contenders, or names containing superlatives like Maximum and Super. Of course, we know that many owners, trainers, and jockeys are Always Dreaming of winning the USA's most coveted horse race. That being the case, which one of this year's contenders could fit the bill?

Will Helium rise to the top, or is it more about having that Essential Quality or being that Dynamic One. I'd like to think they all are Highly Motivated to win. We have a couple of royal figures in King Fury and Like the King. A Hot Rod Charlie should have more power under the hood than any of the rest, unless you are from Super Stock, or have divine help, having achieved Sainthood.

There you go! Only nine contenders to sift through, to find your 2021 Kentucky Derby winner!

ChiefsCrown

Apr-23

Then there's this....

Midnight Bourbon and Bourbonic, both are quality (Essential Quality) spirits (Medina Spirit)........LOL

Oldbettowin

Apr-23

That one's great!

We need one to go with Get Her Number and O Besos.

Northof64

Apr-23

For all the hippies still burnin the hippie lettuce ( not me ) Hidden Stash atb

pianot

Apr-23

Now that is funny.

ChiefsCrown

Apr-23

Hidden Stash w/ Midnight Bourbon equals Essential Quality...of course one has to be Highly Motivated to imbibe in such an event!!

getting out of hand now....