Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What the heck is on RYWs wraps?   Triple Crown

Started Apr-26 by Wintertrian; 1311 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-26

these are not Lani boots.  

These are almost like casts. 

He can barely walk down the trailer ramp.  

Overdone, to say the least.  Never seen anything like it.....horses usually don't lose their ability to WALK down a ramp due to leg wraps.  Let alone stumbing around in the shedrow. 

His loud whinny was either "I like this place" or he was just letting Medina Spirit, Soup & Sandwich, and Midnight Bourbon that he won't put up with any guff on the front end.  They are going to try to hand it to him though, on that you can depend.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p-GsgzkvwE&t=14s

Oldbettowin

Apr-26

I thought he looked kind of thick.  They need to get him around the track a few times and work some of that off lol.

DogsUp

Apr-26

Oh Wow. I've seen enough! This colt is right out of Hollywood central casting.

A Rock Hard Ten. 

The way that horse stopped and checked out something/or his new surroundings. That was a Secretariat type smart move.

Monster!

Msg 1690.4 deleted
pianot

Apr-26

Winter- I've never seen it that thick. I suspect he's a nervous flyer.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wintertrian

Apr-26

I asked someone in the know, they said he has poltices under the wraps which is what I thought.........I will wait to see his works / breezes over the track.   

He's got tons of personality.  No denying that. 

Depends on if that means "alpha male" or "complainer" type though.   Guess we'll see. 

pianot

Apr-26

Never heard of a horse traveling with poultice wrap. Always thought trainers wanted least amount of movement when their applied. Guess we'll see.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Wintertrian

Apr-26

Maybe they were trying to prevent fluid buildup during flight. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
RAESFAN

Apr-26

It may be that Sadler has a monster, and his name is not Rock Your World! Did you see Flightline, the son of Tapit run this weekend? He debuted in the race before the Grade 2 Santa Margarita, a 9f contest run in just under 1:50. He won a 6f sprint in 1:08 3/5, by over 13 lengths, earning a 105 beyer/116 Bris! Now that is MONSTROUS! The million dollar yearling purchase ran to his looks, it seems. Can't wait to see where he shows up next. He is out of an Indian Charlie mare, that herself is out of a Dynaformer mare. He should be able to do more than sprint, especially if he is one of those special ones that outrun perceived pedigree limitations.

DogsUp

Apr-26

I watched all the Ch Dws arrivals. Some had their ribs sticking out. In my revisiting videos; if the ribs say something about my toss list  or underneath;  that will be the criteria.