Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Great Stradivarius   European Racing

Started Apr-28 by SameSteve G; 389 views.
SameSteve G

Apr-28

Now 7, the fabulous stayer & winner of 3 Ascot Gold Cups, Stradivarius made his 2021 debut a winning one by running down a sharp little field to win at Ascot under the ever impressive handling of Frankie Dettori.  John Gosden has turned over part of the training to his son Thady & it appears the father and son team are hitting on all cylinders.

I know we're all focusing on Kentucky this week, but as a nice little palate cleanser,  it's fun to watch acknowledged greatness in action over a distance of ground (about 2 miles in this case)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u217UqI8vJo

smartyslew

Apr-28

I'll get even with you. I thought this was the violin message board !

Gerh

Apr-29

Got to be a great feeling for Frankie.He knows exactly what he has underneath him and never panics

In reply toRe: msg 3
SameSteve G

Apr-29

Without a doubt.  On track to try for a 4th Gold Cup later on.

Nice little article here after the win in the Sagaro:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/249764/stradivarius-to-seek-fourth-gold-cup-after-sagaro-win

Wintertrian

May-6

7 years and still racing at top notch.  More years for fans to ENJOY a great horse.   

Always a "good time" for a topic on Stradivarius......regardless of what else is going on.  He's quite fascinating. 

That's the way long distance horses should run and train....no exertion like sprinters/QHs. 

I had researched this a while back as to what causes bleeders, and the most bleeding, and it's actually making horses "break fast" from gates.  Apparently a huge tax on their system. 

I may switch entirely over to turf racing overseas soon just because the whole concept seems kinder.   I am tired of watching horses retire after only a year on the the track. 

SameSteve G

May-7

Royal Ascot is a little over a month away.  I'm already looking forward to it & especially the Gold Cup as Stradivarius attempts to equal the 4 wins achieved by the monumental Yeats (who, as you know, won 4 straight!).

It's like the chicken & the egg.  The egg is dirt racing, the chicken is breaking hell bent for leather out of the gate.