Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

G1 Man o'War   Handicapping

Started May-5 by Plus2lbs; 852 views.
ChiefsCrown

May-6

Compact field of 8. 

Soverign, Ziyad, Gufo trifecta. All have 160+ days since last race, should be a well rested trio!!

DogsUp

May-6

No runner won his last race. Winner will go out stay out and remainder will paddle in his wake.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Plus2lbs

May-6

Your typical NYRA Turf Stakes Merry go round..

I'm liking #3 Ziyad..

SameSteve G

May-6

If the #1, Sovereign, is tuned up tight enough by Brown & if he runs to the form that put him 2nd to Enable at 12 furlongs last year & having been thought highly enough of to run in The Derby at Epsom the year before - he wins this.  Unbettable for the win at underlay pricing.

I also like the way the #2, Moon Over Miami, is coming into the race, stepping up in class for Billy Mott.  Cutting back an 1/8 & tracking the leaders is a price horse I would use.

The # 8, Gufo, appears to come back off the shelf with wins & is very lightly raced at 4.  Might be a fragile sort with all the layoffs or simply do better raced sparingly.  I think his major league closing kick will be amplified on the stretchout.  Look for him to be last & rally round the field wide under Joel R.

I like those 3 best but concede this is a competitive field & the only surprise for the win would be the #4, So High.

Good luck all.  

Plus2lbs

May-6

Probably right...

But I have this crazy angle I've been watching beat me for long time now..

That I haven't played..so time to flip the script..

Hard to beat Brown at NYRA..fo sho.

Do some light cappin' though..

Thanks for the interest.

• Edited May 6, 2021 9:59 pm  by  Plus2lbs
In reply toRe: msg 6
Plus2lbs

May-8

Looking at multi-race wagers into R10 Man o'War..

R8 is most intriguing. 

1 1/16 Turf MSW.

RAESFAN

May-8

I am considering that #7 Field Pass may be long gone by the time the others hit their best gear!

Plus2lbs

May-8

Gr. 3 type..me thinks ..

Lovely MTRxNFL in 

• Edited May 8, 2021 12:19 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Plus2lbs

May-8

So a few wagers I'm gonna do into the Big Race..

Grand Slam..PK 4..PK 3..